- 89 E Center Street, Kanab, UT
- Salaried/Hourly: Hourly
- FLSA Type: Non-Exempt
- Employment Category: Seasonal
Housekeepers are responsible for the timely, thorough and consistent turn-over and cleanliness of assigned guest rooms.
- Stock and organize supply cart.
- Remove soiled/dirty linens from all beds.
- Inspect linens prior to placing in rooms and return any torn or dirty linens to supply room.
- Distribute clean linens to stayovers, as requested.
- Clean/scrub shower, tub, toilet, sink, counters, mirrors and glasses.
- Vacuum carpets; Mop all tile floors; Dust all furniture, polishing as needed.
- Clean microwaves, refrigerators and sinks.
- Check bathroom inventory items and restock any missing items as necessary.
- Fold clean linens as necessary; Place linen package in each room.
- Assist customers with specific requests.
- Clean and organize supply room.
- Use personal protective equipment (PPE) as required for various tasks.
- Know and follow all company, Environmental, Health, and Safety Management Programs.
- All other duties as assigned.
MARGINAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES/FUNCTIONS:
- Restock cleaning supplies as needed.
- Report repair and maintenance items to the head maintenance person.
- Knows and follows all company, Environmental, Health, and Safety Management Programs.
- Works extra shifts and hours as required.
- Assists in other departments as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
- Able to read, write and understand English and follow cleaning and other instructions, complete checklists and communicate with guests.
- Knowledge of proper use of cleaning chemicals, supplies and cleaning procedures and techniques.
- Self-motivated and good time management skills to complete tasks on time with little or no supervision.
- Attention to detail and cleaning standards.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
- Climb stairs and walk on paved, unpaved, carpet, tile, wood and uneven surfaces.
- Stand/remain upright for extended periods of time.
- Stand/walk for extended periods of time.
- Bend, kneel, stoop and squat repetitively.
- Reach forward and overhead as needed.
- Stand and walk on concrete and paved surfaces for extended periods of time..
- Lift up to 75-pounds.
- Push and pull on an incline and decline.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
- Prior domestic or commercial housekeeping experience preferred
- Prior work experience with, and knowledge of, cleaning chemicals and supplies