- 89 E Center Street, Kanab, UT
- Salaried/Hourly: Hourly
- FLSA Type: Non-Exempt
- Employment Category: Seasonal
We’ve recently made some changes to our application process. If you are willing to accept any available seasonal position you will only need to apply to Any Seasonal Position in the list of open positions. If you are only interested in specific positions, please apply directly to each position you are interested in.
The Laundry Attendant is responsible for the cleanliness of the laundry facilities while ensuring that all laundry is handled, sorted, cleaned and maintained.
- Receive dirty linen from housekeeping staff and separate linens and towels accordingly.
- Responsible for loading and unloading of washers and dryers.
- Sort, fold and stack clean linens and towels.
- Stock, clean and organize laundry areas.
- Inform supervisor of any potential shortages of supplies, amenities or towels/linens.
- Immediately report all equipment problems or repair needs to the departmental manager.
- All other duties as assigned.
MARGINAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES/FUNCTIONS:
- Assist with cleaning rooms as needed.
- May be required to drive a golf cart.
- Work shifts in other departments as needed.
- Knows and follows all company, Environmental, Health, and Safety Management Programs.
- Works extra shifts and hours as required.
- Assists in other departments as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
- A solid understanding of laundry operations; Knowledge of proper use of cleaning supplies.
- Ability to read and speak in English to understand and follow cleaning and other instructions and communicate with guests.
- Knowledge of, or ability to learn, company environmental policies.
- Attention to detail and cleaning standards.
- A valid driver’s license with a good driving record may be required.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
- Climb stairs and walk on uneven and slippery surfaces.
- Work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions.
- Work indoors in hot work and damp areas of laundry building.
- Stand/remain upright, walk for extended periods of time.
- Kneel, bend, turn, stoop and squat repetitively.
- Ability to lift up to 50lb.
- Reach forward and overhead as needed.
- Use a broom, mop and vacuum cleaner.
- Push/pull laundry cart daily.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Minimum 6 months laundry experience preferably in the Hospitality Industry
- Minimum 6 months housekeeping experience
- Prior work experience with, and knowledge of, cleaning supplies
Forever Resorts Lodging, LLC dba Parry Lodge provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.