General Store Clerk
- 1971 Mormon Lake Road, Mormon Lake, AZ
- Salaried/Hourly: Hourly
- FLSA Type: Non-Exempt
- Employment Category: Seasonal
We’ve recently made some changes to our application process. If you are willing to accept any available seasonal position you will only need to apply to Any Seasonal Position in the list of open positions. If you are only interested in specific positions, please apply directly to each position you are interested in.
Located in the Coconino National Forest just outside of Flagstaff, AZ, Mormon Lake is the perfect getaway for seasonal workers who enjoy the outdoors and want to experience an authentic western lifestyle. Nothing like the desert to our south, Mormon Lake Lodge offers the most comfortable climate you could ask for during the season. Mormon Lake Lodge is fast-paced and challenging and consists of a Steakhouse & Saloon, Gift Store, Pizzeria, Event Space, RV Park, and a Rodeo Arena all within walking distance of each other. With management you can trust, events almost every weekend, and a family friendly atmosphere it is easy to feel at home at Mormon Lake Lodge.
The General Store Clerk provides efficient, professional customer assistance with purchases and maintains the store in a clean and well-stocked manner.
- Greets and assists guests; works sales floor shifts; accurately processes guest payments by operating cash register and/or credit card machine.
- Provides and ensures all guests receive excellent customer service.
- Uses knowledge of General Store merchandise and local area to answer guest questions (i.e., where it is made, materials it is made from, artist information, product availability) as well as questions about our location and the surrounding areas.
- Responds to customer complaints in a professional manner.
- Assists with inventory control, ordering, receiving, stocking, and display/presentation of store merchandise; Responsible for cleanliness of the sales floor.
- Follows the proper opening, closing, and security procedures.
- Informs supervisor of unusual circumstances, store issues and needs.
- Ensures the General Store and surrounding areas remain clean, organized, and stocked.
- May be responsible for processing and completing required paperwork.
- Follows company policies including uniform and grooming standards.
- All other duties as assigned.
MARGINAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES/FUNCTIONS:
- Perform deep cleaning projects as assigned.
- Picks up, sorts, and distributes all incoming and interdepartmental mail; Ensures proper handling of outgoing mail.
- Provides postal information, answers questions, and resolves postal issues in a friendly and professional manner; Processes mail in a confidential manner.
- Follows proper Accounting procedures; Accurately processes mail transactions and keeps records of postage use and costs.
- Knows and follows all company, Environmental, Health, and Safety Management Programs.
- Works extra shifts and hours as required.
- Assists in other departments as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Proper and accurate money handling and cash counting skills.
- Ability to learn all company training materials; Knowledge of the surrounding area.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and be self-motivated.
- Skill in inventory control and awareness of shoplifters.
- Ability to operate cash register, credit card machine and POS system accurately and efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Extensive knowledge of product information to enhance a professional sales approach.
- Honest and trustworthy.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
- Ability to lift and transport items weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Climb stairs and walk on hard, tiled, wood, carpet and uneven surfaces, for extended periods of time.
- Stand/remain upright/standing for extended periods of time.
- Sit/remain sitting up for extended periods of time
- Kneel; bend; stoop; turn/twist; and reach down, forward and overhead repetitively.
- Ability to use general cleaning equipment such as a broom or mop.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred
- One year prior retail clerk work experience preferred
- Six months prior work experience operating a cash register, credit card machine and/or POS system preferred
Mormon Lake Properties, LLC dba Mormon Lake Lodge provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.