- 1 Inner Park Road, Grand Teton National Park, Moran, WY
- Salaried/Hourly: Salaried
- FLSA Type: Exempt
- Employment Category: Seasonal
The Pizzeria Manager is responsible for the financial success and efficient operation of the Pizzeria Department, training and managing department employees, and ensuring that all customers receive exceptional customer service.
- Responsible for the financial success of both the food and beverage and retail operations of the department; Ensures the department complies with financial guidelines and meets or exceeds all financial and operational goals.
- Oversees and assists team members to sell pre-made food items, prepare sandwiches, reheat pre-cooked food items and/or cook food to order in a timely manner in a high-volume, fast-paced working environment.
- Maintains proper inventory levels, orders food, paper, and supply products; Follows cost containment and food waste best practices.
- Ensures all food handling procedures are followed including proper receiving, storage, labeling, rotation, and portion control of food items; Follows cost containment and food waste best practices
- Ensures all Environmental, Health, Safety, Cleaning and Sanitation policies and procedures are followed; Responsible for maintaining clean and organized restaurant.
- Counts cash bank at open/close, accurately records all monies, makes deposits and submits cash and register/POS reports in a timely manner.
- Ensures a positive work environment centered on trust, open communication, and team work; Facilitates problem solving and collaboration throughout the department.
- Acts in a professional manner; leads by example.
- Identifies and works with management to resolve departmental problems and potential problems.
- Knows and enforces all company Programs and policies, including Environmental, Health, Compliance, and Safety Management Programs and policies.
- Works extra shifts and hours throughout the department as required; Covers subordinate duties as needed.
- Effectively communicates department and position-specific expectations to department team members.
- Ensures department team members are updated on any relevant news or needs of other departments.
- Communicates and collaborates with other departments and managers and attends staff meetings to provide departmental updates and communicate problems and potential problems.
- Customer Service:
- Provides and ensures all internal and external customers receive excellent customer service.
- Strives to achieve and maintain a customer service-oriented department mentality.
- Responds to customer complaints in a professional manner.
- Responsible for managing department team members, creating staff work schedules, and training department employees in department standards, security procedures, department operations, and safe work methods.
- Mentors and provides initial and ongoing training for all Pizzeria staff members as needed, including knowledge of menu items, suggestive selling techniques, proper food preparation procedures, etc.).
- Enforces department standards, policies, and team member expectations; Performs progressive discipline, coaches, and retrains department employees as required.
- Completes detailed and timely performance evaluations.
- Follows and enforces company policies including uniform and grooming standards.
- Verifies payroll hours for department personal.
- Assists in other departments as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to speak, write, and understand English effectively.
- Have or ability to obtain food handling, alcohol, and/or similar certifications upon hire as required.
- Very good accounting skills; Proper and accurate money handling and cash counting skills.
- Knowledge of kitchen and retail operations, including safe food preparation, proper menus, portion control, inventory management, etc.
- Excellent leadership and management skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Effective troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work with guests and team members in a professional manner.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and remain flexible in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to delegate work.
- Knowledge of proper use and storage of cleaning supplies.
- Good computer skills including MS Outlook, Word and Excel.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
- Must be able to understand normal conversation and accurately communicate information.
- Ability to stand and walk on paved, unpaved, uneven and sometimes slippery surfaces for extended periods of time.
- Ability to climb stairs occasionally.
- Ability to stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, turn, push, pull, and reach down, forward and overhead repetitively; Balance and carry trays, plates, and tubs.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 40 pounds repetitively.
- Able to operate a cash register, point-of-sale systems and credit card machine.
- Must be able to operate a computer.
- Ability to remain seated for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to use general cleaning supplies; Grasp, lift, push, pull and use cleaning equipment.
- Work in hot areas of kitchen (around dishwasher, ovens, cooking equipment) and cold areas (walk in refrigerators and freezers).
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
- 2 years of college education in a related field, or 3 years of retail food, restaurant, or hospitality-related work experience, or equivalent combination of work experience and education required.
- Minimum one year supervisory and/or management work experience required.
- Two years of work experience in retail or customer service preferred.
- Previous accounting or cash handling experience preferred.