Culinary Site Associate
- 2300 Lapeer Rd, Flint, MI 48503, USA
The Food Bank of Eastern Michigan serves as a common solicitor, storehouse and distributor of food on behalf of its Partner Agencies which are non-profit, charitable organizations serving those in need.
Today the Food Bank of Eastern Michigan provides over 25 million pounds of food each year to those in need through more than 415 partner agencies. Partner Agencies consist of local soup kitchens, shelters, and food pantries who strive to feed the more than 300,000 people in eastern Michigan who are food insecure. The excellent relationships established within the Food Bank’s 22 county service area and throughout the state has allowed for numerous programs and initiatives to help fight hunger.
This is an on-call, as needed, position.
The On-Call Associate is responsible for the distribution of meals for the GISD Head Start sites, and other educational institutions within the Food Bank service area. The Culinary Site Associate will assist in the day to day service delivery model of state and federally funded feeding programs, and act as a liaison between Head Start/other educational institution sites and the Food Bank of Eastern Michigan.
Potential to work up to 29.5 hours per week.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the timely service of meals that meet all aspects of health & safety standards
- Ensure that sites are adequately stocked with supplies and classrooms have adequate food stocks and appropriate substitutions
- Collect weekly meal attendance sheets and other documentation required of the feeding program/s. Ensuring completion, accuracy, and timely submit to the Food Bank each week
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with onsite personnel, delivery exceptional customer service
- Able to understand and comply with Feeding America & AIB/ Safe food Handling Practices & procedures
- Regular and prompt attendance is an essential requirement for this position
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Knowledge and Education and Work Experience:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required
- Previous food service experience preferred
- Basic math (add, subtract, multiply, divide whole numbers), sorting, and reading skills required
- Current certification in HACCP and ServSafe/Safe Food Handling, highly preferred
Specific Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Demonstrates customer service skills, understands and has experience with food and beverage activities
- Self-starter with the ability to multi-task
- Dependable with a high level of organizational skills
- Ability to work with little supervision but knows when to ask for help or ask questions
- Be able to lift 50lbs
- Ability to work in hot and cold environments
Must successfully pass all background screening processes for consideration
Requires moderate physical efforts. Standing, carrying, bending, stretching, stooping, pulling and pushing, lifting of weights up to 50 pounds. Working conditions involve, noise, heat, changes in temperature, kitchen elements, odors, moisture, etc. May be required to work additional hours as dictated by the work load and staffing.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.