Sales Manager, Education
Are you ready to trade your job for a journey? Become a FlyMate!
Passion, excitement & global collaboration are all core to what it means to be a FlyMate. At Flywire, we’re on a mission to deliver the world’s most important and complex payments. We use our Flywire Advantage - the combination of our next-gen payments platform, proprietary payment network and vertical specific software, to help our clients get paid, and help their customers pay with ease - no matter where they are in the world.
What more do we need to truly be unstoppable? Perhaps, that is you!
Who we are:
Flywire is a global payments enablement and software company, founded a decade ago to solve high-stakes, high-value payments in education, using modern technology.
Today, we’ve digitized payments for more than 3,300+ global clients across education, healthcare, travel & B2B, covering more than 240 countries and territories and supporting over 140 currencies. And, we’re just getting started!
With over 1,000+ global FlyMates, representing more than 40 nationalities, and in 14 offices world-wide, we’re looking for FlyMates to join the next stage of our journey as we continue to grow.
Flywire is looking for an experienced sales professional to help us attract and obtain new partners in the higher education community college industry. This role will focus on acquiring and serving institutions within the Central and Western states. Using superior research and outreach skills, the Sales Manager will build a pipeline by qualifying prospects, conducting discovery and delivering a payments solution that meets customer goals. This individual is passionate, understands the urgency of a post start-up growth setting, and takes pride in the ownership of their tasks while functioning well in a team setting.
- Conduct remote outbound activity to generate leads (i.e. hunt new business)
- Serve sales enquiries in an efficient and professional manner
- Manage and build relationships with new and existing partners to encourage referrals and integration enhancements
- Qualify prospects to build a pipeline
- Manage end-to-end sales process from discovery through to contract and transition to onboarding teams for Flywire's regional and independent institution clients
- Identify unmet needs to build new products and services and improve our customer service
- Track activities and opportunity funnel in CRM System
- Support sales and marketing on different efforts (lead campaigns, new market research etc.)
- BA degree required
- 5+ years of experience in sales, preferably in selling SaaS products
- Track record of proactively building a pipeline and achieving sales quotas consistently
- Experience in consultative sales with the ability to build rapport quickly, demonstrate products and meet specific customer needs with effective solutions
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Strong work ethic with confidence to work autonomously
- Background working in higher education and community colleges (preferred)
- Familiarity with CRM applications, preferably Salesforce
- In serving a West territory, residency of candidate is preferred within the Western states
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation, including Restricted Stock Units
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Flying Start - Our immersive Global Induction Program (Meet our Execs & Global Teams)
- Work with brilliant people that will keep you on your toes, learn more about their journeys by checking out #InsideFlywire on social media
- Dynamic & Global Team (we have been collaborating virtually for years!)
- Wellbeing Programs (Mental Health, Wellness, Yoga/Pilates/HIIT Classes) with Global FlyMates
- Be a meaningful part in our success - every FlyMate makes an impact
- Competitive time off including FlyBetter Days to volunteer in a cause you believe in and Digital Disconnect Days!
- Great Talent & Development Programs (Managers Taking Flight – for new or aspiring managers!)
Submit today and get started!
We are excited to get to know you! Throughout our process you can expect to meet with different FlyMates including the Hiring Manager, Peers on the team, the VP of the department, and a skills assessment. Your Talent Acquisition Partner will walk you through the steps and be your “go-to” person for any questions.
Flywire is an equal opportunity employer. With over 40 nationalities across 12 different offices, and diversity and inclusion at the core of our people agenda, we believe our FlyMates are our greatest asset, and we’re excited to watch our unique culture evolve with each new hire.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is 61,000-$106,000 plus commission, restricted stock units and benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, position level, and location. The range displayed on this job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and several other factors, including job-related skills, experience, relevant education and training. Your Talent Acquisition Partner can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.