Platform Engineer (m/f/d)
- Lobeckstraße 30-35, 10969 Berlin, Germany
We are Flink - your online supermarket revolutionising the way you do your grocery shopping. With a wide selection of over 2,000 high quality products, we aim to deliver to your door in just 10 minutes. We put our customers first and ensure all products delivered are fresh and nutritious. In addition to this, we are able customise our national assortment to be able to offer you unique local products in every city. Our delivery hubs are located in densely populated inner city locations and we strive to be sustainable by delivering on electric bikes and using packaging that can be recycled.
Founded by experienced e-commerce professionals and backed by some of the most renowned investors in Europe, we are growing rapidly and have a great hunger to continuously challenge ourselves. We pride ourselves in being an inclusive and equal opportunities employer with a diverse and multicultural team. If you want to be part of this exciting journey… read on!
We are currently hiring exceptional Platform Engineers for a greenfield project to optimize our infrastructure platform and increase speed and efficiency in our software deployment practices. You will be joining a rapidly growing software engineering function with the focus of this role to build CI/CD pipelines, increase automation at every opportunity, and utilize infrastructure as code.
Our Tech stack that you will be exposed to (but not limited to) in this Platform Engineer role is Linux, Google Cloud Platform, Golang, Kubernetes, Terraform, Helm and PostgreSQL
- Automating and improving development and release processes
- Building CI/CD pipelines
- Assess our current infrastructure and implement best security practices
- Build tools to reduce errors and monitor our platform
- Incident management and root cause analysis
- Defining and setting development, test, release, update, and support processes for platform operations
- Mentoring team members, evangelizing best practices at all times
- You must be an experienced engineer who has worked in either a Platform, DevOps, SRE, or Cloud Engineer role in multiple organizations
- It is essential that you have had experience with at least one cloud platform provider such as AWS, GCP, Azure etc.
- Extensive experience of using Terraform
- Previous experience of Kubernetes and Helm
- Familiar with common monitoring/alerting/logging tools such as - Stackdriver, Datadog, NewRelic, Prometheus, ELK)
- Experienced with SQL databases (NoSQL is a nice to have)
- Rigor in high code quality, unit testing, and integration testing
- Open-minded personality, comfortable working in an Agile environment and making decisions in a collaborative way with the team
- Fluent English communication skills
- A cool 25% off your personal Flink orders, be the first to test out new products!
- A unique opportunity to be an early bird and have an impact on our strategy
- A steep learning curve, the possibility to work in an energised and dynamic team within a fast-paced environment
- Flat company structure where taking leadership is encouraged.
- For Berlin: A newly renovated and spacious HQ in the heart of Kreuzberg - lots of delicious lunch spots available within short walking distance
It is our commitment that every applicant will be evaluated according to their skills regardless of age, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status, or religion