Senior Android Engineer (m/f/d)
- Lobeckstraße 30-35, 10969 Berlin, Germany
We are Flink - your online supermarket revolutionising the way you do your grocery shopping. With a wide selection of over 2,000 high quality products, we aim to deliver to your door in just 10 minutes. We put our customers first and ensure all products delivered are fresh and nutritious. In addition to this, we are able customise our national assortment to be able to offer you unique local products in every city. Our delivery hubs are located in densely populated inner city locations and we strive to be sustainable by delivering on electric bikes and using packaging that can be recycled.
Founded by experienced e-commerce professionals and backed by some of the most renowned investors in Europe, we are growing rapidly and have a great hunger to continuously challenge ourselves. We pride ourselves in being an inclusive and equal opportunities employer with a diverse and multicultural team. If you want to be part of this exciting journey… read on!
We are looking for an exceptional Senior Android Engineer to join us on our exciting journey. This hire will play a key role in building our first native Android application from scratch. This is a priority hire for the business as our mobile platforms will be key to our success. This is a completely greenfield project. You will have a real influence on how the application will be designed and built and will be joining a rapidly growing team.
Responsibilities will include
- Help the team with feature development and maintenance across Flink’s arsenal of mobile applications - no legacy code on our well-structured brand new project, and fast build times!
- Taking part in the discussion and planning of new features.
- Closely collaborate with other teams to deliver value to the end user.
- Drive the Android chapter towards adapting and experimenting with new technologies.
- Contribute to scaling up the Android team and bringing great talents onboard by conducting interviews and code pairing sessions.
- Supporting and using Jetpack Compose.
- You have at least 5 years of hands-on experience in building Android applications.
- Experienced with Kotlin, Coroutines, MVVM architecture, DI(Dagger) and unit tests.
- Hands on experience building complex, high-quality Android applications, and have a strong knowledge of Android app design principles, patterns, and best practices.
- Passion for most importantly simple, well structured, readable, and testable code.
- Open to communication, technical discussions and facilitating complex decision-making.
- Hands on experience with versioning tools (Git) and have practical knowledge of REST APIs.
- Eager to work with new technologies and enjoy sharing the knowledge with the team.
- Experience with CI/CD (Gitlab, CircleCI), Robolectric tests, Multi-Module and RoomDatabase is a plus.
- Experience with backend languages, cloud platforms (e.g. GCP & AWS), and relational DBs is a plus
- A cool 25% off your personal Flink orders, be the first to test out new products!
- A unique opportunity to be an early bird and have an impact on our strategy
- A steep learning curve, the possibility to work in an energised and dynamic team within a fast-paced environment
- Flat company structure where taking leadership is encouraged.
- For Berlin: A newly renovated and spacious HQ in the heart of Kreuzberg - lots of delicious lunch spots available within short walking distance
It is our commitment that every applicant will be evaluated according to their skills regardless of age, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status, or religion.