Lead Product Designer
- 1 St John's Square, Farringdon, London EC1M 4PN, UK
We founded Fixter to bring car maintenance into the 21st century. Because we believe booking an MOT in this day and age should be as simple as booking a taxi, or ordering a takeaway. Simple, streamlined and stress-free. And completely on demand.
Bringing together car industry specialists and state-of-the-art digital experts, Fixter provides a complete end-to-end service with world-class customer experience, designed to liberate car owners from the stress of booking a high street garage service.
Since our launch in Manchester 2 years ago, Fixter has expanded to 50+ cities across the UK, raised a £6m Series A, and is now trusted by thousands of car owners every month who never need to visit a garage ever again!
As a member of the product team, you will be responsible for the experience and the evolution of the user interfaces of our web app, garage tool and internal tools. You will work with our Chief Product Officer, our product managers and our tech team to create a unified and intuitive experience for our users.
In particular, you will :
- Conduct research and usability tests with our customers, garage and operation teams
- Design intuitive and elegant UI & UX solutions to the problems raised at each new product iteration
- Create new interfaces for the web and mobile, from the wireframe all the way to the final design and copy
- Provide engineers with precise designs as well as any new interface elements ready for integration, and collaborate with them if necessary, during integration
- Improve the site’s interfaces and strive to enhance the look and cohesiveness of the entire experience
A wealth of experience in UI/UX design for major sites with a strong community and/or an important e-commerce aspect
Strong experience with mobile sites and/or apps
An excellent eye for quality design. You should be able to recognise good digital design and UX and be able to explain where it excels or fails
Excellent communication skills: you can explain the logic behind the choice made while creating a new interface, from the point of view of both the user (UX-centric) and Fixter (business-centric)
A good knowledge of HTML/CSS: you already know that your designs are easy to integrate and have an idea of how it’s going to be done
A real gift for solving complex UX problems, and a real passion towards creating exceptional interfaces – Pixel perfect design
Please include a link to your portfolio in your application. Besides good websites/mobile apps, we want to see that you’ve already built great product interfaces.
You will work directly with our Chief Product Officer and our CTO on UI/UX efforts - this is an incredible opportunity for someone who is looking to make a huge impact within a start-up that aims at simplifying the life of all car owners.
- Be an early team member of what we believe will be one of the most famous startups of the next 10 years
- Be part of a passionate, friendly and transparent culture: you will be part of discussions on tech, product, marketing, operations and global expansion.
- Competitive salary & benefits, Mac laptop, and a cool office in Clerkenwell, a vibrant area in the heart of London.