Senior Director, Biometrics
- 111 Oyster Point Blvd, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Five Prime Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: FPRX) is a publicly traded, clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on discovering and developing innovative immuno-oncology protein therapeutics to improve the lives of patients with serious diseases. We have an industry-leading and differentiated drug discovery platform. Our comprehensive proprietary libraries of the extracellular proteome, differentiated screening capabilities and protein therapeutic generation and engineering capabilities comprise a unique and powerful IND engine that positions us to discover novel pathways and targets in immuno-oncology and will continue to generate important development programs. Our success with our drug discovery platform has led to a pipeline that is on track to more than double to five development programs in clinical trials across multiple indications in 2018. We also have several undisclosed research programs at different points of the target validation and molecule generation phases that have the potential to yield our next wave of development-stage therapeutic biologics. And we continue to fuel this process at the earliest stages with new screens planned this year.
Five Prime is committed to innovation and outstanding science to develop effective new drugs for the treatment of severe diseases. We value our culture of openness, collaboration and productivity.
The company is in a strong financial position and has an effective executive team and Board of Directors. Discover more about FivePrime at www.fiveprime.com
We are looking for a talented Senior Director of Biometrics to join our Clinical Development function. This individual will provide strategic technical leadership and biostatistics guidance on the design and conduct of clinical studies. In addition, this individual will provide support to project teams on all phases of clinical trials and drug development programs. This position reports to the Head of Biometrics
- Build and develop a high performing team across the Biostatistics group
- Provide strategic oversight for biostatistical analysis
- Collaborate within Biometrics team and with cross-functional teams to plan clinical studies, analyze and interpret clinical study data.
- Partner with the Head of Biometrics to develop department standards to ensure statistical integrity of project deliverables.
- Provide statistical leadership for preparation of marketing applications (NDA/BLA) to FDA, EMEA or other worldwide regulatory agencies.
- Contribute in strategy discussion in cross-functional project settings and act as indication lead statistician.
- Ensure that the interpretation of data obtained from clinical trials, is accurate, scientifically sound and credible
- Provide guidance and expertise to the clinical development team regarding biostatistics related subject matter
- Develop departmental metrics and tracking systems for statistical analysis plans and data quality assurance.
- Develop standard reporting programs and standard CRF’s in collaboration with cross-functional groups.
- Author and/ or review statistics section in the protocol, SAP and DMC charter. Lead regulatory responses and submissions to the FDA and other regulatory agencies.
- Monitor project progress and ensure proper resource allocation for successful project deliverables against goals and timelines.
- Other projects when assigned.
- Stay abreast of emerging technologies and concepts related to applied statistical methodology
- Engage and energize employees through communication of goals, priorities and other business critical information as well as focus on employee development and retention activities
- Develop and promote a work place culture that values diversity of thought and promote integrity to create an atmosphere that supports coaching and fosters accountability
- Represent the company at FDA/EMA meetings
- Ph.D. in Statistics or Biostatistics with 10+ years of direct experience in biotechnology industry
- In-depth knowledge of statistical analysis methods and results/data presentation formats of oncology clinical data
- Advanced knowledge of statistical methods in clinical study designs, clinical data analyses (from Phase I through Phase IV), including statistical procedures in analysis software (e.g., SAS).
- Experience in design and development of statistical analysis plans, study protocols, clinical study reports
- Great knowledge of clinical operations, data management, and clinical study report preparation workflow
- In-depth knowledge of regulatory regulations and guidelines
- Advanced knowledge of SAS, CDISC requirements for SDTM and ADaM.
- Clear and effective communication skills to present complex data to project teams including non-statisticians and easy for others to interpret and understand
- Excellent interpersonal communication skill to build relationship cross-functionally and collaborate effectively
- Strong leadership skill, problem solver and ability to influence business stakeholders on key decision-making process
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project.
At FivePrime, we believe a diverse workforce drives our success as a company. We are always working to create an environment where different backgrounds and viewpoints are valued and celebrated.
FivePrime is an equal opportunity employer. FivePrime makes employment decisions, including in recruitment and selection, without consideration of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or disability.