Research Associate II, Protein Chemistry
- 111 Oyster Point Blvd, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Five Prime Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: FPRX) is a publicly traded, clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on discovering and developing innovative immuno-oncology protein therapeutics to improve the lives of patients with serious diseases. We have an industry-leading and differentiated drug discovery platform. Our comprehensive proprietary libraries of the extracellular proteome, differentiated screening capabilities and protein therapeutic generation and engineering capabilities comprise a unique and powerful IND engine that positions us to discover novel pathways and targets in immuno-oncology and will continue to generate important development programs. Our success with our drug discovery platform has led to a pipeline that is on track to more than double to five development programs in clinical trials across multiple indications in 2018. We also have several undisclosed research programs at different points of the target validation and molecule generation phases that have the potential to yield our next wave of development-stage therapeutic biologics. And we continue to fuel this process at the earliest stages with new screens planned this year.
Five Prime is committed to innovation and outstanding science to develop effective new drugs for the treatment of severe diseases. We value our culture of openness, collaboration and productivity.
The company is in a strong financial position and has an effective executive team and Board of Directors. Discover more about FivePrime at www.fiveprime.com
We are looking for a highly motivated Research Associate to join the Protein Chemistry Group within the Biotherapeutics Department. The successful candidate will be responsible for learning and implementing the operation, maintenance, and optimization of Five Prime’s automated high-throughput protein expression system as a member of a cross-functional team supporting early target discovery efforts within Research. The candidate must be self-motivated, detail oriented and thorough, and capable of working both independently and in a team environment. We seek candidates with the following practical experience for this position:
- Experience with maintaining mammalian cell cultures is required, with knowledge of transient transfection techniques a plus
- Experience with recombinant protein purification methods preferred
- Interested in learning automation and robotic systems to support biologic workflows
- Meticulous and accurate record keeping
- Excellent organizational and communication skills are required
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment is also necessary
- B.S. in Biochemistry, Protein Sciences, or related fields is required
- 0-4 years of academic/industry experience
- The successful candidate must have experience in basic cell culture and protein production techniques, and a desire to work with automation technologies
At FivePrime, we believe a diverse workforce drives our success as a company. We are always working to create an environment where different backgrounds and viewpoints are valued and celebrated.
FivePrime is an equal opportunity employer. FivePrime makes employment decisions, including in recruitment and selection, without consideration of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or disability.