Senior Research Specialist I, Protein Chemistry
- 111 Oyster Point Blvd, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Five Prime Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: FPRX) is a publicly traded, clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on discovering and developing innovative immuno-oncology protein therapeutics to improve the lives of patients with serious diseases. We have an industry-leading and differentiated drug discovery platform. Our comprehensive proprietary libraries of the extracellular proteome, differentiated screening capabilities and protein therapeutic generation and engineering capabilities comprise a unique and powerful IND engine that positions us to discover novel pathways and targets in immuno-oncology and will continue to generate important development programs. Our success with our drug discovery platform has led to a pipeline that is on track to more than double to five development programs in clinical trials across multiple indications in 2018. We also have several undisclosed research programs at different points of the target validation and molecule generation phases that have the potential to yield our next wave of development-stage therapeutic biologics. And we continue to fuel this process at the earliest stages with new screens planned this year.
Five Prime is committed to innovation and outstanding science to develop effective new drugs for the treatment of severe diseases. We value our culture of openness, collaboration and productivity.
The company is in a strong financial position and has an effective executive team and Board of Directors. Discover more about FivePrime at www.fiveprime.com
We are seeking a highly motivated Senior Research Associate to join our High Throughput Protein Production function within the Protein Chemistry Group. The successful candidate will play a key role in managing and optimizing Five Prime’s robotic extracellular proteome expression platform to drive high throughput disease target screening strategies for the identification of novel drug targets. This position will actively collaborate with colleagues from Immuno-Oncology Research, Automation, and Proteins Therapeutics in a fast paced and dynamic environment, and requires training and direction of junior staff, clear presentation at team meetings and Scientific Reviews. Excellent documentation of results and attention to detail is a must.
- B.A./B.S./Masters in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, or related fields is required
- 8-10 years of industry laboratory experience or equivalent, preferably in a protein production group.
- Expertise in mammalian cell culture for expression of recombinant proteins required, with hands-on knowledge of high throughput, parallel protein production methods desired.
- Experience with protein purification using a variety of affinity chromatography methods (Protein A/G, Ni/NTA, FLAG, etc.) and with protein analytics (e.g. SDS-PAGE, HPLC-SEC) required.
- Familiarity and a strong desire to work with automation and robotic systems to support biologic workflows preferred.
- The ideal candidate will be self-motivated with excellent organizational and communication skills, and able to effectively collaborate on fast-paced cross-functional teams.
- Experience with mentoring and training colleagues is advantageous.
- Experience with molecular biology techniques is a plus.
At FivePrime, we believe a diverse workforce drives our success as a company. We are always working to create an environment where different backgrounds and viewpoints are valued and celebrated.
FivePrime is an equal opportunity employer. FivePrime makes employment decisions, including in recruitment and selection, without consideration of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or disability.