Research Associate II, Immuno-Oncology Discovery
- 111 Oyster Point Blvd, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Five Prime Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: FPRX) is a publicly traded, clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on discovering and developing innovative immuno-oncology protein therapeutics to improve the lives of patients with serious diseases. We have an industry-leading and differentiated drug discovery platform. Our comprehensive proprietary libraries of the extracellular proteome, differentiated screening capabilities and protein therapeutic generation and engineering capabilities comprise a unique and powerful IND engine that positions us to discover novel pathways and targets in immuno-oncology and will continue to generate important development programs. Our success with our drug discovery platform has led to a pipeline that is on track to more than double to five development programs in clinical trials across multiple indications in 2018. We also have several undisclosed research programs at different points of the target validation and molecule generation phases that have the potential to yield our next wave of development-stage therapeutic biologics. And we continue to fuel this process at the earliest stages with new screens planned this year.
Five Prime is committed to innovation and outstanding science to develop effective new drugs for the treatment of severe diseases. We value our culture of openness, collaboration and productivity.
The company is in a strong financial position and has an effective executive team and Board of Directors. Discover more about FivePrime at www.fiveprime.com
We are seeking a talented and highly motivated Research Associate to join our Immuno-Oncology (IO) Discovery Research group. This position offers an opportunity to work as part of the larger IO Research team and with other research scientists aimed at discovering and developing novel antitumor agents.
- Execute high-throughput complex primary cell-based screens to discover novel therapeutic targets.
- Perform in vitro biophysical and cell-based binding assays as well as immune-relevant cell-based functional assays using standard assay techniques such as alphaLISA/ELISA, Luminex, microscopy, and flow cytometry.
- Isolate primary human immune cell populations from blood and culture ex vivo.
- Culture and engineer cell lines and prepare reagents and test agents as specified in approved protocols.
- Exercise basic technical discretion to troubleshoot experiments.
- Review data, prepare reports and communicate experimental results to scientist and in team meetings.
- Coordinate and execute on assigned tasks by interacting with multi-disciplinary teams
- Maintain and complete documentation of all experimental procedures and data in an electronic laboratory notebook.
- B.S. or M.S. in Cell Biology, Immunology, Life Sciences, or related field with 3-4 years of research experience including basic biology skills
- Proficiency with in vitro/ex vivo cell based techniques including isolation of primary human immune cell subsets, mammalian cell culture, transfection, cell-based functional assays, multi-color flow cytometry, alphaLISA/ELISA, immunofluorescence, and Western blot is required
- Experience with myeloid cell populations such as monocytes, dendritic cells, or macrophages is preferred
- Experience with loss-of-function screening technologies, such as CRISPR or siRNA, is a plus
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to interpret and clearly understand SOPs and laboratory procedures
- Detail-oriented, analytical with excellent problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to collaborate in a team-oriented environment
- Diligent, strong growth mindset with positive “can-do” attitude towards assigned tasks
- Good planning and organizing skills to meet deadlines
At FivePrime, we believe a diverse workforce drives our success as a company. We are always working to create an environment where different backgrounds and viewpoints are valued and celebrated.
FivePrime is an equal opportunity employer. FivePrime makes employment decisions, including in recruitment and selection, without consideration of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or disability.