Research Associate III, Protein Chemistry
- 111 Oyster Point Blvd, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Five Prime Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: FPRX) is a publicly traded, clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on discovering and developing innovative immuno-oncology protein therapeutics to improve the lives of patients with serious diseases. We have an industry-leading and differentiated drug discovery platform. Our comprehensive proprietary libraries of the extracellular proteome, differentiated screening capabilities and protein therapeutic generation and engineering capabilities comprise a unique and powerful IND engine that will continue to generate important development programs. This uniquely positions us to discover novel pathways and targets in immuno-oncology. Our success with our drug discovery platform has led to a pipeline that is on track to more than double to five development programs in clinical trials across multiple indications in 2018. We also have several undisclosed research programs at different points of the target validation and molecule generation phases that have the potential to yield our next wave of development-stage therapeutic biologics. And we continue to fuel this process at the earliest stages with new screens planned this year.
Five Prime is committed to innovation and outstanding science to develop effective new drugs for the treatment of severe diseases. We value our culture of openness, collaboration and productivity. The company is in a strong financial position and has an effective executive team and Board of Directors. Discover more about FivePrime at www.fiveprime.com.
We are seeking a highly motivated Research Associate to join our Protein Chemistry group, within the Biotherapeutics Department. The group is enhancing its automated capabilities for producing proteins that fuel Five Prime’s drug discovery efforts. The successful candidate will help to implement a small scale, medium-throughput protein expression, purification and analytics platform. Excellent documentation of results, communication with your manager, and interaction with cross functional teams is a must.
Education and Experience:
- B.A./B.S. in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, or related fields is required
- 4-6 years of academic/industry laboratory experience
- Mammalian cell culture and expression of recombinant proteins in mammalian cells
- Protein purification including affinity chromatography methods (Protein A/G, Ni/NTA, FLAG, etc.)
- Protein analytics e.g., SDS-PAGE, HPLC-SEC
- Excellent documentation skills with meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and communication skills are required
- The successful candidate will be self-motivated, thorough, and work efficiently in a fast-paced team environment
- Additional experience with protein analytics, e.g., ForteBio Octet, LabChip is advantageous
- Prior experience working with robotic systems is a plus
At FivePrime, we believe a diverse workforce drives our success as a company. We are always working to create an environment where different backgrounds and viewpoints are valued and celebrated.
FivePrime is an equal opportunity employer. FivePrime makes employment decisions, including in recruitment and selection, without consideration of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or disability.Please call or reply with any comments.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.