TEMP - Research Associate II, Immuno-Oncology Research
- 111 Oyster Point Blvd, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Five Prime Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: FPRX) is a publicly traded, clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on discovering and developing innovative immuno-oncology protein therapeutics to improve the lives of patients with serious diseases.
We have an industry-leading and differentiated drug discovery platform. Our comprehensive proprietary libraries of the extracellular proteome, differentiated screening capabilities and protein therapeutic generation and engineering capabilities comprise a unique and powerful IND engine that will continue to generate important development programs. This uniquely positions us to discover novel pathways and targets in immuno-oncology.
Our success with our drug discovery platform has led to a pipeline that is on track to more than double to five development programs in clinical trials across multiple indications in 2018. We also have several undisclosed research programs at different points of the target validation and molecule generation phases that have the potential to yield our next wave of development-stage therapeutic biologics. And we continue to fuel this process at the earliest stages with new screens planned this year.
FivePrime is committed to innovation and outstanding science, values that are reflected in our people and our products. Discover more about FivePrime at www.fiveprime.com.
We are seeking a talented and highly motivated Research Associate to join our Immuno-Oncology (IO) Discovery group as part of the Research function. This position offers an opportunity to work as part of the IO Research team and with other research scientists aimed at developing novel antitumor agents.
- Perform in vitro biophysical and cell based binding assays as well as immune-relevant cell based functional assays using standard assay techniques such as alphaLISA/ELISA, microscopy, and flow cytometry.
- Isolate primary human immune cells from blood.
- Transfect cell lines and prepare reagents and test agents as specified in approved protocols.
- Execute high-throughput biophysical and/or complex cell-based screens to discover novel therapeutic targets.
- Exercise basic technical discretion to troubleshoot experiments.
- Review data, prepare reports and communicate experimental results to scientist and in team meetings as needed.
· Coordinate and execute on assigned tasks by interacting with multi-disciplinary teams
- Maintain and complete documentation of all experimental procedures and data in an electronic laboratory notebook.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- B.S. or M.S. in Life sciences, Biology, Immunology, Pharmacology, or related field
- 3-4 years of research experience including basic biology skills
- Evidence of proficiency with in vitro/ex vivo cell based techniques including isolation of primary human cell subsets from blood, cell culture, cell-based assays, transfection, Western blot, flow cytometry and alphaLISA/ELISA
- Experience performing flow cytometric analysis on dissociated tumor samples is desired
- Experience with immunofluorescence and/or immunohistochemistry is a plus
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to interpret and clearly understand SOPs and laboratory procedures
- Detail-oriented, analytical with excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to collaborate in a team-oriented environment
- Diligent, strong growth mindset with positive “can-do” attitude towards assigned tasks
- Good planning and organizing skills to meet deadlines
At FivePrime, we believe a diverse workforce drives our success as a company. We are always working to create an environment where different backgrounds and viewpoints are valued and celebrated.
FivePrime is an equal opportunity employer. FivePrime makes employment decisions, including in recruitment and selection, without consideration of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or disability.Please call or reply with any comments.
Five Prime acknowledges that providers may be a valuable resource for identifying and recruiting candidates for employment. However, we require that all recruiters engage directly with Five Prime’s Talent Acquisition Team and comply with Five Prime’s requirements prior to transmitting any resumes/CVs or introducing any candidates to Five Prime. Five Prime’s Talent Acquisition Team is the only function within the Company that can enter into contractual relationships with external recruiters and recruiting agencies. As such, all unsolicited resumes, CVs, anonymous profiles, or candidate information you may submit to employees of Five Prime will become property of Five Prime and Five Prime will have no obligation to pay you or anyone else for the use of such information, including any finder’s, placement, introduction or placement fee.