IT Help Desk Associate
- 111 Oyster Point Blvd, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Five Prime Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: FPRX) is a publicly traded, clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on discovering and developing innovative immuno-oncology protein therapeutics to improve the lives of patients with serious diseases.
We have an industry-leading and differentiated drug discovery platform. Our comprehensive proprietary libraries of the extracellular proteome, differentiated screening capabilities and protein therapeutic generation and engineering capabilities comprise a unique and powerful IND engine that will continue to generate important development programs. This uniquely positions us to discover novel pathways and targets in immuno-oncology.
Our success with our drug discovery platform has led to a pipeline that is on track to more than double to five development programs in clinical trials across multiple indications in 2018. We also have several undisclosed research programs at different points of the target validation and molecule generation phases that have the potential to yield our next wave of development-stage therapeutic biologics. And we continue to fuel this process at the earliest stages with new screens planned this year.
FivePrime is committed to innovation and outstanding science, values that are reflected in our people and our products. Discover more about FivePrime at www.fiveprime.com.
We are seeking a talented and motivated IT Help Desk associate to join the IT group at Five Prime. This position will support and interface with all levels of the organization including scientific personnel, executives and business operations employees and will contribute to the success of company goals. This is an excellent opportunity for a computer inclined individual to start an exciting career in Information Technology.
- Provide day-to-day technical support to employees for desktops, notebooks, software and IT services.
- Respond to requests for technical assistance in person, via phone, electronically
- Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues
- Research questions using available information resources
- Advise users on appropriate action
- Follow standard help desk procedures
- Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention
- Provide basic networking and remote computing support (VPN, Remote Desktop, etc.)
- Maintain and provide technical support for phone/fax systems, printers, copiers, audio/visual and teleconferencing equipment in conference rooms.
- Draft, create and maintain documentation for IT processes and infrastructure.
- Communicate and provide hands-on training to employees on new technology or IT equipment (Examples: Two-factor authentication and scientific software troubleshooting)
- Other projects when assigned
- Bachelor’s degree with 0-2 years of relevant experience
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot problems in a heterogeneous desktop and server environment
- Must demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Windows operating systems including basic Windows systems administration
- Experience with Microsoft Office products such as Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- Resourceful and excellent customer service skills
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skill to prioritize project timelines effectively and ability to multi-task on competing priorities
- Eager to learn with can-do attitude
At FivePrime, we believe a diverse workforce drives our success as a company. We are always working to create an environment where different backgrounds and viewpoints are valued and celebrated.
FivePrime is an equal opportunity employer. FivePrime makes employment decisions, including in recruitment and selection, without consideration of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or disability.Please call or reply with any comments.
Five Prime acknowledges that providers may be a valuable resource for identifying and recruiting candidates for employment. However, we require that all recruiters engage directly with Five Prime’s Talent Acquisition Team and comply with Five Prime’s requirements prior to transmitting any resumes/CVs or introducing any candidates to Five Prime. Five Prime’s Talent Acquisition Team is the only function within the Company that can enter into contractual relationships with external recruiters and recruiting agencies. As such, all unsolicited resumes, CVs, anonymous profiles, or candidate information you may submit to employees of Five Prime will become property of Five Prime and Five Prime will have no obligation to pay you or anyone else for the use of such information, including any finder’s, placement, introduction or placement fee.