Summer Intern, Molecular Biology
- 111 Oyster Point Blvd, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Five Prime Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: FPRX) is a publicly traded, clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on discovering and developing innovative immuno-oncology protein therapeutics to improve the lives of patients with serious diseases.
We have an industry-leading and differentiated drug discovery platform. Our comprehensive proprietary libraries of the extracellular proteome, differentiated screening capabilities and protein therapeutic generation and engineering capabilities comprise a unique and powerful IND engine that will continue to generate important development programs. This uniquely positions us to discover novel pathways and targets in immuno-oncology.
Our success with our drug discovery platform has led to a pipeline that is on track to more than double to five development programs in clinical trials across multiple indications in 2018. We also have several undisclosed research programs at different points of the target validation and molecule generation phases that have the potential to yield our next wave of development-stage therapeutic biologics. And we continue to fuel this process at the earliest stages with new screens planned this year.
FivePrime is committed to innovation and outstanding science, values that are reflected in our people and our products. Discover more about FivePrime at www.fiveprime.com.
As an Intern in our Molecular Biology group, you will be a member of a team developing and evaluating automation methods to enable high throughput DNA cloning technology as part of our drug-discovery processes. You will learn how to operate and assist in optimizing methods using different robotic systems including Qpix, Tecan, and LabChip.
The intern will assist in the development, organization, and maintenance of the overall operation of high throughput automation equipment and protocols to support high throughput DNA cloning technologies. The intern will adapt nucleic acid wet-lab protocols to automation, learning robotic systems including Qpix, Tecan and LabChip in the process of implementing and optimizing methods.
- Major in Biological Sciences (preferred) or Chemistry
- At least two years of college coursework in biological or chemical science
- The candidate should be highly organized, detail-oriented, and methodical
- Design, execute, analyze, and present original hypothesis driven experiments
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient with MS Office
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Self-motivated, ability to multi-task, demonstrates flexibility in job assignment
- Displays creative thinking, ability to work within a cross functional team, and is detail oriented.
- Previous experience with molecular biology techniques is a plus, but not a requirement.
At FivePrime, we believe a diverse workforce drives our success as a company. We are always working to create an environment where different backgrounds and viewpoints are valued and celebrated.
FivePrime is an equal opportunity employer. FivePrime makes employment decisions, including in recruitment and selection, without consideration of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or disability.Please call or reply with any comments.