Executive Assistant, Development Sciences
- 111 Oyster Point Blvd, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Five Prime Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: FPRX) is a publicly traded, clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on discovering and developing innovative immuno-oncology protein therapeutics to improve the lives of patients with serious diseases. We have an industry-leading and differentiated drug discovery platform. Our comprehensive proprietary libraries of the extracellular proteome, differentiated screening capabilities and protein therapeutic generation and engineering capabilities comprise a unique and powerful IND engine that will continue to generate important development programs. This uniquely positions us to discover novel pathways and targets in immuno-oncology. Our success with our drug discovery platform has led to a pipeline that is on track to more than double to five development programs in clinical trials across multiple indications in 2018. We also have several undisclosed research programs at different points of the target validation and molecule generation phases that have the potential to yield our next wave of development-stage therapeutic biologics. And we continue to fuel this process at the earliest stages with new screens planned this year.
Five Prime is committed to innovation and outstanding science to develop effective new drugs for the treatment of severe diseases. We value our culture of openness, collaboration and productivity. The company is in a strong financial position and has an effective executive team and Board of Directors. Discover more about FivePrime at www.fiveprime.com.
FivePrime Therapeutics, Inc. is seeking a motivated and energetic individual to join the Development Sciences team as an Executive Assistant. The individual reports to Senior Vice President, Development Sciences and will provide complete administrative support for the Development Sciences team including calendaring, complex travel arrangements (international and domestic), coordination of meetings, facilitating timely responses to action items and other projects as assigned.
This position is expected to partner with other administrative staff members in a professional and team-oriented approach, working together to provide back-up administrative support for other members of the executive team. The successful candidate must be tech-savvy and possess excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills; strong decision-making skills; the ability to think creatively and make sound independent judgments while maintaining a high level of discretion and confidentiality.
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Manage the department’s schedules, meetings and office time in accordance with quickly changing priorities
- Interface with the other administrative team members to facilitate meetings and provide total meeting support
- Working with Legal, coordinate the approval and execution of contracts, non-disclosure agreements and other documents
- Working with Finance to manage purchase orders and track departmental budgets
- Coordinate attendance, including travel, at external events, conferences and seminars both domestic and international
- Other administrative duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 8+ years of experience as an administrative assistant and minimum of 3+ years of experience supporting a senior executive.
- Experience supporting a department (head plus team members) is highly desirable
- Superb attention to detail with outstanding follow up required
- Strong project management skills; knowledge and experience with Sharepoint is a plus.
- Strong computer skills with good working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat; excellent Outlook skills a must
- Must be professional, proactive, resourceful, assertive, self-motivated and a proven team player
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced dynamic environment while demonstrating a calm, positive attitude and a superior work ethic
At FivePrime, we believe a diverse workforce drives our success as a company. We are always working to create an environment where different backgrounds and viewpoints are valued and celebrated.
FivePrime is an equal opportunity employer. FivePrime makes employment decisions, including in recruitment and selection, without consideration of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or disability.Please call or reply with any comments.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.