Summer Intern - Analytical Development (Automation)
- 111 Oyster Point Blvd, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Five Prime Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: FPRX) is a publicly traded, clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on discovering and developing innovative immuno-oncology protein therapeutics to improve the lives of patients with serious diseases. We have an industry-leading and differentiated drug discovery platform. Our comprehensive proprietary libraries of the extracellular proteome, differentiated screening capabilities and protein therapeutic generation and engineering capabilities comprise a unique and powerful IND engine that will continue to generate important development programs. This uniquely positions us to discover novel pathways and targets in immuno-oncology. Our success with our drug discovery platform has led to a pipeline that is on track to more than double to five development programs in clinical trials across multiple indications in 2018. We also have several undisclosed research programs at different points of the target validation and molecule generation phases that have the potential to yield our next wave of development-stage therapeutic biologics. And we continue to fuel this process at the earliest stages with new screens planned this year.
Five Prime is committed to innovation and outstanding science to develop effective new drugs for the treatment of severe diseases. We value our culture of openness, collaboration and productivity. The company is in a strong financial position and has an effective executive team and Board of Directors. Discover more about FivePrime at www.fiveprime.com.
Reporting to a Scientist in Analytical Development, this internship position will be responsible for implementing an automated liquid handling system and its user interface for the Analytical Development team. The position would be responsible for creating an easy to use interface, implementing analytical assays on the platform, calibrating the instrument, and helping troubleshoot current analytical assays on the platform. The position will aid Analytical Development in delivering high quality, high throughput assays to support our partners in the Manufacturing Sciences and Research and Development departments. The chosen candidate will acquire significant experience in a fast-paced working environment focused on biopharmaceutical development.
Essential Functions and Duties
- Work directly with the scientific team to troubleshoot and optimize the liquid handling system
- Implement qualified assays on a high throughput liquid handling system
- Design and program a flexible user interface that allows walk up operation of the instrument
- Work with manager to develop documentation systems for the liquid handling system and any attached instrumentation and software
- Major in computer engineering, electrical engineering, chemical engineering, or biomedical engineering
- At least two years of college experience in programming
- At least one year of college experience in hardware design and engineering
- Experience with Tecan systems is a plus
- Biology and chemistry experience is a plus
At FivePrime, we believe a diverse workforce drives our success as a company. We are always working to create an environment where different backgrounds and viewpoints are valued and celebrated.
FivePrime is an equal opportunity employer. FivePrime makes employment decisions, including in recruitment and selection, without consideration of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or disability.Please call or reply with any comments.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.