- 111 Oyster Point Blvd, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Five Prime Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: FPRX) is a publicly traded, clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on discovering and developing innovative immuno-oncology protein therapeutics to improve the lives of patients with serious diseases. We have an industry-leading and differentiated drug discovery platform. Our comprehensive proprietary libraries of the extracellular proteome, differentiated screening capabilities and protein therapeutic generation and engineering capabilities comprise a unique and powerful IND engine that will continue to generate important development programs. This uniquely positions us to discover novel pathways and targets in immuno-oncology. Our success with our drug discovery platform has led to a pipeline that is on track to more than double to five development programs in clinical trials across multiple indications in 2018. We also have several undisclosed research programs at different points of the target validation and molecule generation phases that have the potential to yield our next wave of development-stage therapeutic biologics. And we continue to fuel this process at the earliest stages with new screens planned this year.
Five Prime is committed to innovation and outstanding science to develop effective new drugs for the treatment of severe diseases. We value our culture of openness, collaboration and productivity. The company is in a strong financial position and has an effective executive team and Board of Directors. Discover more about FivePrime at www.fiveprime.com.
Five Prime Therapeutics, Inc. is seeking a highly-motivated contracts manager to join its growing Legal Department. This is a new position that we opened to support the increase in our contract volume as our preclinical and clinical pipeline continues to expand and our product candidates advance through clinical trials. This position reports to our Senior Director and Senior Corporate Counsel.
- Draft and negotiate a wide variety of agreements, including confidentiality agreements, clinical trial-related agreements, master services agreements, SOWs, work orders, consulting agreements, material transfer agreements, collaboration agreements, license agreements, and other vendor and services agreements in support of Five Prime’s initiatives
- Collaborate with internal cross-functional teams and external parties to ensure timely turnaround and negotiation of agreements and, with respect to clinical trial agreements, start-up of study sites
- Prepare clinical trial agreement templates for use by US clinical trial sites and work with CROs to modify ex-US templates to address FivePrime’s needs
- Prepare negotiation parameters from time to time for use by CROs and other vendors supporting FivePrime’s clinical development activities
- Support business development transaction activities (e.g., in- and out-licensing and collaboration transactions) from time to time, including due diligence support
- Assist with drafting and review of Section 16 securities filings
- Manage special and ad hoc projects, as needed
- Develop strong working relationships with functional groups and project teams
- Work without close supervision, initiate new assignments and identify ways to continuously improve templates, processes and operations.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 6+ years of relevant experience as a contracts manager and/or corporate paralegal, including in-house in the biotech/pharma industry, including specific experience negotiating clinical trial agreements and vendor agreements to support clinical trials
- Extensive experience drafting and negotiating a variety of agreements without close supervision
- Experience managing projects within an organization
- Strong organizational and planning skills and a meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task
- Ability to maintain focus and composure amid a large number of competing demands and evolving priorities
- Ability to identify and assess risk and communicate effectively with internal team members, business partners and CROs
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal communication and relationship management skills
- Ability to comprehend and manage business contracts and other complex documents
- Self-motivated and able to work independently while exercising initiative, flexibility and good judgment
- Strong desire to improve processes and grow
- Ability to maintain and properly handle highly confidential information
At FivePrime, we believe a diverse workforce drives our success as a company. We are always working to create an environment where different backgrounds and viewpoints are valued and celebrated.
FivePrime is an equal opportunity employer. FivePrime makes employment decisions, including in recruitment and selection, without consideration of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or disability.Please call or reply with any comments.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.