Research Associate IV Immuno-Oncology Research - Validation
- 111 Oyster Point Blvd, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Five Prime Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ:FPRX) discovers and develops innovative therapeutics to improve the lives of patients with serious diseases. Five Prime's comprehensive discovery platform, which encompasses virtually every medically relevant extracellular protein, positions it to explore pathways in cancer, inflammation and their intersection in immuno-oncology, an area with significant therapeutic potential and a growing focus of the company's R&D activities. Five Prime has entered into strategic collaborations with leading global pharmaceutical companies and has promising product candidates in clinical and late preclinical development. For more information, please visit www.fiveprime.com.
We are seeking a highly motivated Research Associate to join our Immuno-Oncology Research team in a fast-growing, dynamic and professional environment. The successful candidate will play a key role in developing and performing cell-line based and primary immune cell based functional assays as well as FACS assays for target validation and lead selection. We seek candidates with experience in the following areas:
- Extensive experience performing multi-color flow cytometry studies is essential.
- Expertise in isolating immune cell populations and performing immune assays is required (cytotoxicity assays, proliferation assays, ELISA, Luminex, MSD, etc.)
- Knowledge of mammalian cell culture is required.
- Hands-on experience with cellular and molecular biology techniques is strongly preferred (RNA isolation, qPCR, transfection, western blot, etc.)
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to clearly understand complex concepts and laboratory procedures.
- Analytical, self-motivated with excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and collaborate in a team-oriented environment
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive, diligent and reliable to meet deadlines.
- Attention to details and positive “can-do” attitude towards assigned responsibilities.
- Good computer skills are required.
- The ideal candidate will possess significant experience with mammalian cell culture, cell-based assays and FACS assays.
- B.S. or M.S. in Immunology, Cell Biology or equivalent scientific discipline with at least 3+ years (with M.S.) or 5+ years of related experience in a pharmaceutical, biotechnology or academic setting are required
At FivePrime, we believe a diverse workforce drives our success as a company. We are always working to create an environment where different backgrounds and viewpoints are valued and celebrated.
FivePrime is an equal opportunity employer. FivePrime makes employment decisions, including in recruitment and selection, without consideration of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or disability.Please call or reply with any comments.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.