Scientist I, Immuno- Oncology Research
- 111 Oyster Point Blvd, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Five Prime Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: FPRX) is a publicly traded, clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on discovering and developing innovative immuno-oncology protein therapeutics to improve the lives of patients with serious diseases. We have an industry-leading and differentiated drug discovery platform. Our comprehensive proprietary libraries of the extracellular proteome, differentiated screening capabilities and protein therapeutic generation and engineering capabilities comprise a unique and powerful IND engine that positions us to discover novel pathways and targets in immuno-oncology and will continue to generate important development programs. Our success with our drug discovery platform has led to a pipeline that is on track to more than double to five development programs in clinical trials across multiple indications in 2018. We also have several undisclosed research programs at different points of the target validation and molecule generation phases that have the potential to yield our next wave of development-stage therapeutic biologics. And we continue to fuel this process at the earliest stages with new screens planned this year.
Five Prime is committed to innovation and outstanding science to develop effective new drugs for the treatment of severe diseases. We value our culture of openness, collaboration and productivity.
The company is in a strong financial position and has an effective executive team and Board of Directors. Discover more about FivePrime at www.fiveprime.com
FivePrime is seeking an experienced Immunologist or cancer immunologist to identify exploratory biomarkers that elaborate the mechanism of action of our preclinical therapeutic molecules. The selected individual will work closely with the Immuno-Oncology Research Groups, Bioinformatics, Development Sciences,
Pharmacology, and Clinical Biomarkers to implement this effort. Leadership, teamwork, and a high level of scientific integrity and transparency are key attributes for this position. The candidate is expected to perform day-to-day laboratory bench work and to present project updates to Sr. Management and other audiences. Job level to be determined based upon experience.
- Ph.D.in immunology, cancer immunology, or related field with at least 4 years of relevant, research experience. The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years of biopharmaceutical industry experience in the fields of immuno-oncology and/or inflammation.
- Expertise in human immunology or cancer immunology is required
- Experience developing mechanism of action studies and mechanism-based biomarker and pharmacodynamic assays
- Experience with a range of immune-monitoring technologies (e.g. flow cytometry, gene expression-based immune-signatures, multiplex protein analysis, IHC of immune markers)
- High degree of independence
- Excellent communication (oral and written) skills and ability to present to a wide variety of audiences
- He/she will enjoy working as a member of a fast-paced multidisciplinary team in an entrepreneurial environment
At FivePrime, we believe a diverse workforce drives our success as a company. We are always working to create an environment where different backgrounds and viewpoints are valued and celebrated.
FivePrime is an equal opportunity employer. FivePrime makes employment decisions, including in recruitment and selection, without consideration of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or disability.