Executive Assistant, Legal (TEMP)
- 111 Oyster Point Blvd, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Five Prime Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: FPRX) is a publicly traded, clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on discovering and developing innovative immuno-oncology protein therapeutics to improve the lives of patients with serious diseases.
We have an industry-leading and differentiated drug discovery platform. Our comprehensive proprietary libraries of the extracellular proteome, differentiated screening capabilities and protein therapeutic generation and engineering capabilities comprise a unique and powerful IND engine that positions us to discover novel pathways and targets in immuno-oncology and will continue to generate important development programs.
Our success with our drug discovery platform has led to a pipeline that is on track to more than double to five development programs in clinical trials across multiple indications in 2018. We also have several undisclosed research programs at different points of the target validation and molecule generation phases that have the potential to yield our next wave of development-stage therapeutic biologics. And we continue to fuel this process at the earliest stages with new screens planned this year.
Five Prime is committed to innovation and outstanding science to develop effective new drugs for the treatment of severe diseases. We value our culture of openness, collaboration and productivity.
The company is in a strong financial position and has an effective executive team and Board of Directors. Discover more about FivePrime at www.fiveprime.com
We seek a temporary Executive Assistant to support our Chief Strategy Officer and our Legal & Quality groups. The successful candidate will proactively manage the administrative responsibilities of the Chief Strategy Officer and Legal & Quality groups, including filing, calendaring, managing the contracts review process, coordination of meetings and periodic travel, facilitating timely communication and correspondence and other activities and projects as assigned.
This position is expected to partner with other administrative staff members in a professional and team-oriented approach, working together to provide back-up administrative support for other members of the executive team. The successful candidate must be tech-savvy and possess excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills; strong decision-making skills; the ability to think creatively and make sound independent judgments while maintaining a high level of discretion and confidentiality.
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks for the Legal and Quality groups
- Manage the CSO’s schedule, meetings and office time
- Interfacing with Legal department employees and other administrative team members to facilitate meetings and materials
- Maintain corporate legal and contract files (paper and electronic), convert both to pdf format
- Maintain minute book of actions of the Board of Directors, Board committees and stockholders
- Oversee the administration of the company’s electronic contract management system
- Coordinate the approval and execution of contracts. Train new users of the company’s contract management system
- Coordinate and track requests for approval of external publications
- Draft, format, revise and proofread correspondence, memoranda, agreements and other documents under time-sensitive deadlines
- Prepare and revise presentations
- Plan for and execute assigned projects
- Coordinate occasional travel, calendars and itineraries and related expense reports
- Perform miscellaneous administrative duties, as necessary
- 5 or more years of experience as a legal secretary or legal administrative assistant or equivalent experience that has fostered the development of advanced administrative skills within a law firm or legal department
- Experience supporting a general counsel at a public company or a partner in a major law firm preferred
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Professional and articulate communication skills, including precise use of spelling, grammar and punctuation and understanding of basic legal terminology
- Understanding of and ability to distinguish between different types of legal documents and agreements
- Must be professional, resourceful, assertive, energetic, self-motivated and a proven team player
- Able to seamlessly interact with executives, board members and other professionals
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced dynamic environment while demonstrating a resourceful, positive attitude and a superior work ethic
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail
- A strong sense of personal integrity; able to maintain strict confidentiality and handle highly sensitive and attorney-client privileged information; demonstrated good judgment and decision-making skills
- Strong computer skills with good working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat, and Outlook and familiarity with document and contract management systems
At FivePrime, we believe a diverse workforce drives our success as a company. We are always working to create an environment where different backgrounds and viewpoints are valued and celebrated.
FivePrime is an equal opportunity employer. FivePrime makes employment decisions, including in recruitment and selection, without consideration of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or disability.