Executive Assistant, Legal
- 111 Oyster Point Blvd, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Five Prime Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: FPRX) is a publicly traded, clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on discovering and developing innovative immuno-oncology protein therapeutics to improve the lives of patients with serious diseases.
We have an industry-leading and differentiated drug discovery platform. Our comprehensive proprietary libraries of the extracellular proteome, differentiated screening capabilities and protein therapeutic generation and engineering capabilities comprise a unique and powerful IND engine that positions us to discover novel pathways and targets in immuno-oncology and will continue to generate important development programs.
Our success with our drug discovery platform has led to a pipeline that is on track to more than double to five development programs in clinical trials across multiple indications in 2018. We also have several undisclosed research programs at different points of the target validation and molecule generation phases that have the potential to yield our next wave of development-stage therapeutic biologics. And we continue to fuel this process at the earliest stages with new screens planned this year.
Five Prime is committed to innovation and outstanding science to develop effective new drugs for the treatment of severe diseases. We value our culture of openness, collaboration and productivity.
The company is in a strong financial position and has an effective executive team and Board of Directors. Discover more about FivePrime at www.fiveprime.com
We seek an Executive Assistant to support our Chief Strategy Officer and Secretary and our Legal group. The Executive Assistant will have significant visibility across the organization, including with the executive team, as well as external visibility with our collaboration partners, consultants, service providers, outside counsel, independent accountants and Board of Directors.
The successful candidate will proactively manage the administrative responsibilities of the Chief Strategy Officer and Legal group, including filing, calendaring, coordination of meetings and periodic travel, facilitating timely communication and correspondence and other activities and projects as assigned.
This position is expected to partner with other administrative staff members in a professional and team-oriented approach, working together to provide back-up administrative support for other members of the executive team. The successful candidate must be tech-savvy and possess excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills; strong decision-making skills; the ability to think creatively and make sound independent judgments while maintaining a high level of discretion and confidentiality.
Responsibilities include and not limited to the following:
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks including: managing active calendars, completing expense reports, maintaining corporate legal and contract files (paper and electronic), booking travel
- Plan and ensure schedules are followed and respected, providing “gatekeeper” and “gateway” solutions through calendar review and collaboration with other executive assistants.
- Serve as an administrative liaison to Five Prime’s Board of Directors and the committees of the Board for scheduling, compilation and distribution of meeting materials, payments and expense reimbursements, and other requests as needed
- Communicate directly with Board members on matters related to Five Prime’s initiatives.
- Maintain minute book of actions (i.e. meeting minutes and written consents) of the Board of Directors, Board committees and stockholders
- Serve as contracts administrator for the organization, answering contract requester questions, triaging contract-related matters both with internal groups and external parties and coordinating the approval and execution of contracts
- Support key business functions, such as executive team meetings, budgeting, preparation of Board meetings, quarterly and annual SEC reporting matters, annual stockholders meetings and other tasks on an ad hoc basis.
- Handle confidential and non-routine information and facilitate communication between appropriate people and teams.
- Plan for and execute special projects as assigned
- 5 or more years of experience as a legal secretary or legal administrative assistant or equivalent experience that has fostered the development of advanced administrative skills within a law firm or legal department
- Experience supporting a general counsel at a public company or a partner in a major law firm preferred
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
- Professional and articulate communication skills, including precise use of spelling, grammar and punctuation and understanding of basic legal terminology
- Understanding of and ability to distinguish between different types of legal documents and agreements
- Must be professional, resourceful, assertive, energetic, self-motivated and a proven team player
- Able to seamlessly interact with executives, board members and other professionals
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced dynamic environment while demonstrating a resourceful, positive attitude and a superior work ethic
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail
- A strong sense of personal integrity; able to maintain strict confidentiality and handle highly sensitive and attorney-client privileged information; demonstrated good judgment and decision-making skills
- Strong computer skills with good working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat, and Outlook and familiarity with document and contract management systems
At FivePrime, we believe a diverse workforce drives our success as a company. We are always working to create an environment where different backgrounds and viewpoints are valued and celebrated.
FivePrime is an equal opportunity employer. FivePrime makes employment decisions, including in recruitment and selection, without consideration of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or disability.