- 111 Oyster Point Blvd, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Five Prime Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: FPRX) is a biotechnology company discovering and developing innovative immuno-oncology protein therapeutics. FivePrime has a differentiated discovery platform and capabilities that is fueling a growing portfolio of development candidates.
Our pipeline includes:
- Cabiralizumab (FPA008), an anti-CSF-1R antibody currently in development in a Phase 2 trial in pigmented villonodular synovitis (PVNS) and a Phase 2 trial in second-line pancreatic cancer
- FPA144, an anti-FGFR2b antibody currently in a Phase 1/3 clinical trial in FGFR2b over-expressing gastric cancer
- FPA150, an anti-B7H4 antibody will enter Phase 1 clinical development in the first half of 2018
- FPT155, a CD80 fusion protein, which is in IND-enabling studies
We have entered into strategic discovery and development collaborations with leading pharmaceutical and biotech companies, including Bristol-Myers Squibb, GSK, UCB and Zai Labs.
FivePrime is committed to innovation and outstanding science, values that are reflected in our people and our products. Discover more about FivePrime at www.fiveprime.com.
Five Prime Therapeutics is currently seeking an experienced Senior Accountant to join its accounting team. The Senior Accountant will report to the Assistant Controller and will be directly responsible for revenue accounting, research and manufacturing accounting, and management of the general ledger and close process.
- Manage the revenue recognition process, including preparation of revenue journal entries and deferred revenue reconciliation reports. Work closely with management and external auditors to ensure the company is compliant with current revenue recognition rules.
- Manage the research and manufacturing accounting functions, including preparation of accrual estimates and journal entries. Work closely with business owners to ensure that purchase orders are maintained/updated to reflect recent change orders, account and project coding.
- Actively participate in the monthly, quarterly, and year-end close process, which includes preparation of journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations and income statement variance analysis. Work closely with accounts payable, payroll, and equity administration team members to ensure accurate and timely recording of transactions.
- Maintain the chart of accounts, ERP system reports and general ledger interfaces to other applications.
- Serve as a key resource regarding accounting questions, researching general ledger activity, and improving the month end close process.
- Provide support to external auditors, including preparation and coordination of audit schedules, audit questions and ad-hoc analyses as needed.
- BS or BA in Accounting or related field
- CPA or equivalent required
- Minimum 5+ years’ relevant experience required, Big 4 public accounting experience preferred
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Ability to work collaboratively within cross-functional teams
- Must be a critical thinker and problem solver
- Detail-oriented and highly organized with ability to multi-task
- Prior experience in biotech preferred, but not required
At FivePrime, we believe a diverse workforce drives our success as a company. We are always working to create an environment where different backgrounds and viewpoints are valued and celebrated.
FivePrime is an equal opportunity employer. FivePrime makes employment decisions, including in recruitment and selection, without consideration of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or disability.Please call or reply with any comments.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.