Investor Relations & Corporate Communications Associate
- 111 Oyster Point Blvd, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Five Prime Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: FPRX) is a biotechnology company discovering and developing innovative immuno-oncology protein therapeutics. FivePrime has a differentiated discovery platform and capabilities that is fueling a growing portfolio of development candidates.
Our pipeline includes:
- Cabiralizumab (FPA008), an anti-CSF-1R antibody currently in development in a Phase 2 trial in pigmented villonodular synovitis (PVNS) and a Phase 2 trial in second-line pancreatic cancer
- FPA144, an anti-FGFR2b antibody currently in a Phase 1/3 clinical trial in FGFR2b over-expressing gastric cancer
- FPA150, an anti-B7H4 antibody will enter Phase 1 clinical development in the first half of 2018
- FPT155, a CD80 fusion protein, which is in IND-enabling studies
We have entered into strategic discovery and development collaborations with leading pharmaceutical and biotech companies, including Bristol-Myers Squibb, GSK, UCB and Zai Labs.
FivePrime is committed to innovation and outstanding science, values that are reflected in our people and our products. Discover more about FivePrime at www.fiveprime.com.
Five Prime Therapeutics is searching for a creative, resourceful, integrative thinker for a highly visible role that is responsible for collaborating with and supporting the Investor Relations and Corporate Communications team to execute our communications strategy. The Investor Relations and Corporate Communications Associate will contribute to achieving the company’s strategic communications goals during a period of dynamic growth for the company.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage the scheduling of an active IR calendar, including investor conferences, non-deal roadshows, meetings at medical and scientific conferences and bus tours.
- Serve as a company representative and point of contact for investors and sell-side analysts.
- Report key themes from investor and analyst meetings back to management.
- Assist in developing press releases, earnings call scripts, social media postings and other documents
for which appropriate messaging is critical.
- Develop, maintain, and, update corporate Q&A documents as needed.
- Prepare background, information on investors to provide to key spokespeople in advance of meetings
- Maintain and update investor-facing components of corporate website.
- Contribute to IR initiatives through development of investor communications strategy, management
of 1x1 schedules for conferences, tracking, and analyses.
- Assist in other IR initiatives to support the execution of Five Prime’s IR program by providing analytical and communications support.
- Support communications with investors, including proactively responding to routine shareholder
- Work closely with the Senior Director, Investor Relations and Corporate Communications to effectively
analyze investor and analyst perceptions and assist with the preparation of materials and communication of company strategic messaging with the investment community.
- Help maintain existing shareholder and analyst relationships.
- Help with research for investor targeting and efforts to cultivate new investor and analyst interest. Collaborate on the development of our IR strategy and budget.
- Manage and coordinate effectively with external vendors.
- Provide administrative support to the Chief Financial Officer and Finance organization.
Must thrive working in a fast-paced, innovative and science-focused environment while remaining
flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient. Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to develop important relationships with key stakeholders, good conflict management and negotiation skills, ability to analyze complex issues to develop relevant and realistic plans, programs and recommendations. Demonstrated ability to translate strategy into action; excellent analytical skills and an ability to communicate complex issues in a simple nuanced way and with good judgment and to orchestrate plans to resolve issues and mitigate risks.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 3+ years of experience working in financial services, corporate communications or investor relations.
- 2+ years of experience working at a biotech/pharmaceutical company preferred.
- Polished individual with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to synthesize complex concepts into easily discernable outputs.
- Some experience in financial modeling and reporting preferred.
- Capacity to develop an understanding of a dynamic, multi-faceted story, involving multiple elements of
scientific, financial, commercial, competitive, strategic, and goal-oriented messages.
- Strong team player that has a customer service approach and is solution oriented.
- Attention to detail and the ability to work individually, within a multi-disciplinary team, as well
as with external partners and vendors.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple projects.
- Great organizational skills; effective at managing priorities and consistently meeting deadlines.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Understanding of sensitivity around material non-public information.
- Ability to travel 10-20%.
- Embrace our core values: patient-focus, innovation, collaboration, rigor, vigor and insight.
- Excitement about the vision and mission of Five Prime.
At FivePrime, we believe a diverse workforce drives our success as a company. We are always working to create an environment where different backgrounds and viewpoints are valued and celebrated.
FivePrime is an equal opportunity employer. FivePrime makes employment decisions, including in recruitment and selection, without consideration of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or disability.Please call or reply with any comments.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.