Research Associate, Upstream Development (Contract)
- 111 Oyster Point Blvd, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Five Prime Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: FPRX) is a biotechnology company discovering and developing innovative immuno-oncology protein therapeutics. FivePrime has a differentiated discovery platform and capabilities that is fueling a growing portfolio of development candidates.
Our pipeline includes:
- Cabiralizumab (FPA008), an anti-CSF-1R antibody currently in development in a Phase 2 trial in pigmented villonodular synovitis (PVNS) and a Phase 2 trial in second-line pancreatic cancer
- FPA144, an anti-FGFR2b antibody currently in a Phase 1/3 clinical trial in FGFR2b over-expressing gastric cancer
- FPA150, an anti-B7H4 antibody will enter Phase 1 clinical development in the first half of 2018
- FPT155, a CD80 fusion protein, which is in IND-enabling studies
We have entered into strategic discovery and development collaborations with leading pharmaceutical and biotech companies, including Bristol-Myers Squibb, GSK, UCB and Zai Labs.
FivePrime is committed to innovation and outstanding science, values that are reflected in our people and our products. Discover more about FivePrime at www.fiveprime.com.
We are currently seeking a temporary Research Associate to join our Upstream Process Development group. This contract position is for a six-month term. The successful candidate will:
- Participate in the design and execution of experiments to develop and characterize upstream processes for our therapeutic candidates using small-scale bioreactors
Support internal and external studies to scale-up our upstream processes in support of Tech Transfer
Maintain and complete documentation of all experimental procedures and data in an electronic laboratory notebook
Analyze and present experimental results to line management and business stakeholders
Support general laboratory operations including bioreactor setup, troubleshoot and operation
Co-author technical reports including Process Development Protocols and Development Reports
Other projects when assigned
B.S. or M.S. in Biochemical Engineering or related biology fields
Minimum 4+ years of relevant experience in Manufacturing environment within biotechnology industry
Prior cell culture and manufacturing experience are a must
Familiarity with Design of Experiment (DOE) and data analysis is desired
Familiarity with GMP regulation is a must
Prior experience working with CMO is a plus
Ability to work within group and cross-functionally
Must have effective interpersonal and written communication skills
Proactive, analytical and great problem-solving skills
Must be able to work independently in a fast-paced environment with rapidly change priorities.
At FivePrime, we believe a diverse workforce drives our success as a company. We are always working to create an environment where different backgrounds and viewpoints are valued and celebrated.
FivePrime is an equal opportunity employer. FivePrime makes employment decisions, including in recruitment and selection, without consideration of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or disability.Please call or reply with any comments.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.