Scientist I - II, Immuno- Oncology Research
- 111 Oyster Point Blvd, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Five Prime Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: FPRX) is a biotechnology company discovering and developing innovative immuno-oncology protein therapeutics. FivePrime has a differentiated discovery platform and capabilities that is fueling a growing portfolio of development candidates.
Our pipeline includes:
- Cabiralizumab (FPA008), an anti-CSF-1R antibody currently in development in a Phase 2 trial in pigmented villonodular synovitis (PVNS) and a Phase 2 trial in second-line pancreatic cancer
- FPA144, an anti-FGFR2b antibody currently in a Phase 1/3 clinical trial in FGFR2b over-expressing gastric cancer
- FPA150, an anti-B7H4 antibody will enter Phase 1 clinical development in the first half of 2018
- FPT155, a CD80 fusion protein, which is in IND-enabling studies
We have entered into strategic discovery and development collaborations with leading pharmaceutical and biotech companies, including Bristol-Myers Squibb, GSK, UCB and Zai Labs.
FivePrime is committed to innovation and outstanding science, values that are reflected in our people and our products. Discover more about FivePrime at www.fiveprime.com.
FivePrime is seeking an experienced Immunologist or cancer immunologist to identify exploratory biomarkers that elaborate the mechanism of action of our preclinical therapeutic molecules. The selected individual will work closely with the Immuno-Oncology Research Groups, Bioinformatics, Development Sciences,
Pharmacology, and Clinical Biomarkers to implement this effort. Leadership, teamwork, and a high level of scientific integrity and transparency are key attributes for this position. The candidate is expected to perform day-to-day laboratory bench work and to present project updates to Sr. Management and other audiences.
- Ph.D.in immunology, cancer immunology, or related field with at least 4 years of relevant, research experience. The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years of biopharmaceutical industry experience in the fields of immuno-oncology and/or inflammation.
- Expertise in human immunology or cancer immunology is required
- Experience developing mechanism of action studies and mechanism-based biomarker and pharmacodynamic assays
- Experience with a range of immune-monitoring technologies (e.g. flow cytometry, gene expression-based immune-signatures, multiplex protein analysis, IHC of immune markers)
- High degree of independence
- Excellent communication (oral and written) skills and ability to present to a wide variety of audiences
- He/she will enjoy working as a member of a fast-paced multidisciplinary team in an entrepreneurial environment
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.