- 42 Connett Road, Bell Block, Taranaki, New Zealand
- Department: Finance
Firstgas Group own and operate the pipes, storage, tanks, cylinders and trucks that deliver natural gas or LPG to about 165,000 customers across the country. We’re also about the future – exploring alternative energy sources that are sustainable, environmentally friendly and deliver to New Zealand’s energy needs in a changing world. We’re exploring all sorts of exciting possibilities that will support NZ’s low carbon energy future.
There's a reason we were a Diversity Awards finalist last year - our people work within an atmosphere where autonomy, teamwork and flexibility complements the challenging and interesting work environment. We're all about the lifestyle too - we've been working flexibly for years, around our childcare, sporting and volunteering commitments.
We're on the lookout for a Solutions Architect to join our growing Information Solutions team in Wellington or New Plymouth. Reporting to the newly created Manager, Solutions & Delivery position you will be responsible for technical leadership and overall solution guidance, supporting the implementation of solutions that enable greater productivity, streamline day to day activities and provide a secure, stable environment.
We need a special person with a solid history and in-depth comprehension of architecture principles, experience working in multi-disciplined teams and complex environments. As an experienced SA you will be able to quickly assess projects and provide guidance to key stakeholders, this will come from your ability to build rapport and make decisions confidently.
- Work with the broader technology community to develop our architecture practice.
- Provide a guiding view on how to achieve the desired outcomes while aligning to the Firstgas Group technology strategies and road maps.
- Find the best technology solution among all possible to solve the existing business problems.
- Define features, phases, and solution requirements.
- Provide specifications according to which the solution is defined, managed, and delivered.
Providing technical leadership and overall solution guidance will be part of your daily job, as will working with vendors and developers.
Your experience and qualifications should demonstrate:
- A high degree of expertise with cloud technologies, particularly Azure; IaaS, PaaS and SaaS is expected.
- Practical experience in security and integration architectures and platforms.
- BA/BSc in Computer Science, Business or related discipline or equivalent experience.
- Self-management skills with a focus on work prioritisation and planning
- Exceptional relationship building skills.
- People orientated with an ability to be able to communication the technical to the non-technical.
- Experience writing business cases and documenting processes.
- A commitment to safety – it’s our priority, and will need to be yours
Firstgas Group offers a culture that embraces productivity and integrity, encourages proactive thinking and rewards achievement. On offer is an exciting role within a dynamic company. Grow your career in an environment that places high emphasis on staff development and well being. There is simply so much potential here - for our business and for your career. So, make great things happen now by applying here today!
The role is available for our Wellington or New Plymouth offices, we also support flexible work.
Applications close on 3 March 2021