- 42 Connett Road, Bell Block, Taranaki, New Zealand
Firstgas Group own and operate the pipes, storage, tanks, cylinders and trucks that deliver natural gas or LPG to about 165,000 customers across the country. We’re also about the future – exploring alternative energy sources that are sustainable, environmentally friendly and deliver to New Zealand’s energy needs in a changing world. We’re exploring all sorts of exciting possibilities that will support NZ’s low carbon energy future.
We're on the hunt for a Data Analyst to join our Bell Block based Information Services team.
This role will work as part of the newly created Data and Insights team; responsible for managing our data and increasing the value of the data we have. You'll be expected to have a clear vision of data being managed as an asset and data-driven decision-making. This role is primarily responsible for operationalizing that vision. This role is part data strategist and adviser, part steward for improving data quality, part evangelist for data sharing, part technologist, and part developer of new data products.
As the Data Analyst, you will improve links between siloed databases and data stores making information/data easier to find and consume. We are looking to lower the cost of managing and consuming data as we are having to manage more data. The successful candidate will improve data quality and how we measure data quality, improve how we collect, use, manage and publish data.
Do you have?
- Self-management skills with a focus on work prioritisation and planning
- Exceptional relationship building skills
- A willingness to learn, develop and share knowledge
- A tertiary qualification in computer science, business or a related discipline
- Proficiency in data analytics processes
- Comprehensive multi-discipline technical and construction knowledge
- Expertise at building and maintaining internal and external relationships at all levels of organisations
- Ability to problem solve
- A commitment to safety – it’s our priority, and will need to be yours
Firstgas Group offers a culture that embraces productivity and integrity, encourages proactive thinking and rewards achievement. On offer is an exciting role within a dynamic company. Grow your career in an environment that places high emphasis on staff development and well being. There is simply so much potential here - for our business and for your career. So, make great things happen now by applying here today!
Applications close on 27 January 2021.