- 22 Paget St N, Temiskaming Shores, ON P0J 1P0, Canada
First Resource Management Group Inc. provides sustainable forest management services for industry and government on over 9 million hectares of public forests in Ontario, Canada. Our SkyForest TM division serves government and industry clients across Canada with its proprietary satellite technologies to measure, monitor and map forests, to ensure their sustainability and manage wildfires. Our Forest Carbon division plants trees to sequester carbon to mitigate climate change. Our mission is to Advance the Practice of Forestry. We are a growth-oriented company.
The Silviculture Technician/Forester is responsible for assisting with the planning and implementing a variety of silviculture activities, including treeplanting, aerial spraying and mechanical site preparation, surveying and data gathering, recording and ensuring data integrity.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Act as company representative for all silvicultural activities.
- Audit silviculture contractors including treeplanting, aerial spraying, mechanical site preparation and pre-commercial thinning, to ensure adherence to signed contracts.
- Assist with the planning of silvicultural activities and assist with the maintenance of FRMG’s silvicultural tracking system for the reporting of silvicultural activities.
- Assist with silvicultural surveys for free-to-grow assessments and prescription development.
- Participate in regularly scheduled audits, such as Independent Forest audits and FSC/SFI audits.
- Post-secondary college or university degree in Forestry, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Be experienced in the use of ArcGIS, GPS, Microsoft Office.
- Motivated, with a strong work ethic, and strong supervisory skills.
- Experience working outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Good problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Valid Driver’s Licence.
- Pesticide Licence would be considered an asset.
- Competitive Base Salary and Performance Incentives
- Retirement Provisions
- Comprehensive Extended Health Benefits Package
- Health Care and Wellness Spending Accounts
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Flexible Working Time
Diversity and Inclusion
FRMG is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible, and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities, in which we live and work.
If you require accommodation to apply for or participate in the recruitment process with FRMG, please contact the Human Resources Manager at (705) 680-0033.