VP- AML Transaction Monitoring
- Sub Division: Credit - Administration
- Division: GCOO
Join the UAE’s largest bank and one of the world’s largest and safest financial institutions. Our focus is to create value for our employees, customers, shareholders and communities to grow through differentiation, agility and innovation. We are looking for top talent and your success is our success. Accelerate your growth as you help us reach our goals and advance your career. Be ready to make your mark a top company, in an exciting & dynamic industry.
PURPOSE OF JOB:
Reporting to the HO FLOD Compliance Operations, FLOD Operations, the main responsibilities of this role is to manage a team that reviews and investigate AML monitoring activities for the Group and ensure that efforts are made to align the related policies and procedures with regulatory requirements and applicable laws and regulations.
The VP – AML, Transaction Monitoring team leader must be able to build and maintain productive business relationships with business stakeholders across the different lines of business and the ability to work cross-functionally across the different lines of business to effectively deliver the role purpose.
- Support the Head of FLOD Compliance Operations and MLRO in performing the following:
- Lead AML -Transactions Monitoring team – handling a team of 150 resources split between onshore and offshore.
- Maintain an oversight on offshore vendor resources including reviewing candidate selection process, training of resources, quality assurance, productivity and continuous knowledge sharing exercise.
- Part of the team assisting Bank in its regulatory visits (UAE Central Bank and others).
- In addition assist internal and external auditors whenever required and take necessary action to mitigate risks and remediate as advised.
- Custodian of AML Group SOP and also instrumental in introducing, managing CMP (consequence Management) process successfully with engagement with all stakeholders.
- Lead representative in setting up Alert Management PBG & CIB and also setting up SOP for PBG.
- Assist in implementing system tuning, scenarios introduction and UAT testing.
- Lead member in business engagements
- Leverage new age technology for effective time management and efficiency.
- Assist in the implementation and monitoring of the framework with respect to Suspicious activity reporting that properly addresses the Compliance needs and requirements of the related divisions in line with laws, rules and regulations that best meets the needs of Group FAB TM Policy & Procedures.
- Assist in the implementation and execution of a Risk-Based TM AML/CFT programme that will provide assurance of compliant and non-compliant activities.
- Ensure the accurate, timely and effective development of reports from the respective team in addition to the timely implementation of remedial actions suggested by QC, QA, internal audit or regulators.
- Undertake reviews of suspicious activities and file Suspicious Activity Reports (SAR’s) to MLRO team.
- Maintain and build an effective relationship with the related divisions so that effective escalation of issues is achieved and risk managed.
- Maintain and build an effective relationship with the Group FAB SAS Team so that effective escalation of issues is achieved and risk managed.
- Assist in providing timely and accurate Compliance advice by soliciting expertise as required on any critical regulatory obligations, commitments or other related matters to ensure continued expertise is provided to the business pertaining to AML-TM functions.
- Maintain adequate record-keeping /MI and evidences pertaining to AML, etc.
- Keep abreast of related rules, regulations and best practices pertaining to AML, assess its impact on FAB and update the Head of FLOD – AML Transaction Monitoring accordingly.
- Attend to and action requests from Correspondent Banks, Central Bank, Police, Regulators and Government Departments whenever requested from MLRO & HoFCC.
- Provide Timely response for Compliance clearance requests.
- Execute other duties as directed by the Head of FLOD Compliance Operations.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s or masters Degree (preferably in Commerce or Accounts.
- ACAMS and ICA Certified preferred.
- Min 12-15 years of banking experience in Banking with preferred experience in different roles within a Bank.
- Good understanding of regional laws and regulations and thorough knowledge of suspicious reporting in banking.
- Excellent project management skills with strong control
- Strong interpersonal, people management and facilitation skills
- Ability to generate ideas, think creatively, develop innovative solutions and build effective business relationships quickly
- Team player, able to meet tight deadlines and manage challenging workload
- Fluent in English. Knowledge of Arabic will be an advantage.
- Focused on driving tasks to completion with pace, whilst retaining a high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Discrete and has sense for integrity and handles highly sensitive information with absolute confidentiality.