Senior Officer- VAT
- Sub Division: Real Estate Group
- Division: Mergers and Acquisitions
Join the UAE’s largest bank and one of the world’s largest and safest financial institutions. Our focus is to create value for our employees, customers, shareholders and communities to grow through differentiation, agility and innovation. We are looking for top talent and your success is our success. Accelerate your growth as you help us reach our goals and advance your career. Be ready to make your mark a top company, in an exciting & dynamic industry.
Tax accountants will work to produce tax return documents that follow laws and regulations. These professionals will follow the filing process, they will keep customer and internal stakeholder on their return information.
- Assist with the implementing and monitoring of the VAT framework in coordination with external consultants, Group Tax Department, and various other business departments.
- Analyse all business transactions and assess the VAT treatment required in line with FTA regulations.
- Monitor the VAT collection and payment process continuously to identify any opportunities for improvement and without comprising data accuracy.
- Seek to enhance the operational software with regards to VAT requirement in line with VAT Law, Group Tax Department, and other business enhancements.
- Provide the VAT information required for the property to support landlords with the filing of the VAT return to FTA for both residential and commercial properties.
- Assist landlords to claim input VAT by providing expenses related to commercial properties.
- Accompany the Manager, VAT Accounts on regular visits to the landlord’s offices to provide guidance and information on the UAE VAT framework, and the requirements for compliance.
- Collect and consolidate the VAT TRNS (VAT Registration Certificate Numbers) for landlords and tenants, before updating the UBS system.
- Monitor and report to the Manager, VAT Accounts all VAT related transactions carried within the desired framework.
- Assist in computing the transition period for VAT on all active contracts and communicate the outcome to respective tenants.
- Assist with handling any VAT related enquiries from landlords, tenants and respective business departments.
- Assist with the preparation of the monthly Group VAT return with 100% accuracy; ensure all required information for VAT return is available.
- Provide assistance with the handling of Group VAT related transactions and provide guidance to operations.
- Monitor and ensure all business transactions are mapped to provide sufficient information required by FTA, this to include any VAT exempt transactions.
- Ensure all expenses paid with VAT have been accounted properly.
- Ensure the input VAT claim is accurate and maintain the required documentation.
- Prepare VAT related report for the entity and for the owners.
- Assist the Manager, VAT Accounts with the handling of the FTA audits carried out in Group.
- Undertake any other task assigned by the Manager, VAT Accounts in the performance of his/her duties.
Bachelor’s degree in accounting, Finance or relevant subject; industry certification (e.g. CMA or CPA) is preferred.
- Proven work experience as a Tax Accountant, Tax Analyst or Tax Preparer
- Knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping procedures
- Familiarity with accounting software packages
- Computer literacy (MS Excel in particular)
- Excellent analytical and time management skills
- Strong numeracy skills
- Keen attention to detail