AVP- ESG Strategy
- Sub Division: Group ESG
- Division: Group Risk Management
FAB, the UAE's largest bank and one of the world's most secure financial institutions, is dedicated to creating value for its employees, customers, shareholders, and communities. Through innovation, agility, and differentiation, FAB is committed to fostering growth. We are looking for top talent and your success is our success. Accelerate your growth as you help us reach our goals and advance your career. Be ready to make your mark a top company, in an exciting and dynamic industry
FAB aims to be a thought leader in ESG, you will play a key role in realizing this transformation. Informing strategic decisions, designing solutions with the business and stakeholders, and tracking business progress towards ESG strategic and operational objectives.
There is no typical day for your role. Instead, there is a typical skill set. On any day, you will analyze data and trends, troubleshoot challenges, negotiate with internal and external stakeholders, and prepare proposals and reports.
Overall, you support FAB through the problem-solving process to achieve ESG excellence.
- Assess driving forces (markets, financial industry, sectors including trends, regulatory changes, etc.) to understand impact on ESG issues, inform ESG strategy development, and FAB ESG strategy implementation,
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative analysis of data to justify strategy considerations. Contribute to elements such as feasibility studies, market analysis, benchmarking, financial modelling, and forecasting, etc,
- Support Head of ESG Strategy and Engagement in developing and updating the FAB ESG strategy. Including liaising internally with assigned business units on assigned tasks.
- Contribute to preparation of presentations and reports highlighting key insights that drive the senior management's decision-making on FAB ESG Strategy,
Business Development and Engagement
- Establish and develop working relationships with internal and external stakeholders relevant to assigned business units, ESG issues and/or managed projects/initiatives,
- Support FAB ESG thought leadership with creative and disruptive, but practical and implementable solutions that improve FAB ESG thought leadership and strengthen FAB ESG portfolio of products/programs/initiatives,
- Breakdown complex business problems, support in defining a structured approach and develop actionable and fact-based recommendations to address the identified challenges,
- Contribute to the execution of strategic project/initiatives by leading projects, owning distinct aspects of projects or project managing external resources. This while collaborating with colleagues outside of ESG team to deliver multi-disciplinary and cross-geographical strategic projects and initiatives,
- Project manage external resources supporting on the execution of projects/initiatives including reviewing and tracking deliverables quality to project objectives, managing invoice, etc.
- Prepare regular project/initiative status reports,
ESG Excellence & Effectiveness
- Collect, review and challenge data, for key indicators within assigned business units/project teams,
- Prepare on regular basis performance reports, analysing the performance of FAB on key ESG indicators and make tactical and strategic recommendations to improve performance,
- Support Awareness, Research and Learning team with inputs for communications (rating agencies, regulators, etc.) and FAB reporting.
- Must have Bachelor’s degree but ideally a Master in Business Administration, Economics Econometrics, Data Mining or Science, Communications, Environmental Management or any other relevant finance degree or diploma.
- Developed high technical, analytical, collaboration, stakeholder management, presentation and communication skills.
- Demonstrated expertise and understanding of ESG through prior experience and / or relevant certifications.
- Should possess a solid understanding of change management and transformation
- Optimal at least 5-8 years’ experience working with strategy, analytics in a financial organization, large company, university or government body such as central bank, regulator etc.
- Experience with strategy development and implementation
- Ideally previous experience of working with ESG
- Strong understanding of banking and its products and services