VP- FP&A Business Finance - Islamic Banking & NHL
- Sub Division: Finance - Consumer & Private Banking and Subsidiaries
- Division: Group Finance
Join the UAE’s largest bank and one of the world’s largest and safest financial institutions. Our focus is to create value for our employees, customers, shareholders and communities to grow through differentiation, agility and innovation.
We are looking for top talent and your success is our success. Accelerate your growth as you help us reach our goals and advance your career. Be ready to make your mark a top company, in an exciting and dynamic industry.
- To act as a Business Finance Partner for Islamic Banking & NHL and provide advisory insights to the business.
- To act as a trusted finance advisor on business performance and strategic issues.
- To support and lead with the regular performance reviews conducted with the business.
- To manage the preparation of monthly management reporting packs.
- To support with the annual budget exercise and monitor financial performance vs budget.
- To act as a liaison with Group FP&A to ensure accurate product/line of business for upstream data integrity.
- To assess and ensure transparency in the financial performance of the business divisions.
- To ensure that disclosure of our financial performance meets regulatory requirements and other relevant standards (accounting, governance, etc.).
- To support managing various financial control and risk management dimensions for the business.
- To support managing external and internal audit requirements, and successfully address all audit findings and recommendations implementation.
- To contribute towards the learning and development of junior members the team to enable them to perform their roles in an effective manner.
- Support with the review of the financial performance for Islamic Banking & NHL Businesses and provide objective, value added commentary and insights for the business.
- Support Group Finance functions on matters associated with Islamic Banking & NHL, specifically for financial and regulatory reporting, treasury matters, financial performance management and analysis, tax and financial control.
- Provide advice to the relevant business teams on new/existing products, processes and business arrangements relating to financial and regulatory reporting compliance.
- Identify key risks within the Islamic Banking & NHL Businesses, particularly financial, and coordinate relevant stakeholders as appropriate to put in place appropriate risk mitigation plans and ensure risks are incorporated into the business planning and strategy phases.
- Coordinate with Group Treasury on any FTP, balance sheet, capital and liquidity management matters affecting the Business and pricing.
- Review the budgets for key strategic projects and change management initiatives for Islamic Banking & NHL, and ensure they are effectively managed and monitored across teams.
- Monitor the performance of Islamic Banking & NHL and use MI reports to enhance performance and aid strategic decision-making as well as manage areas of under-performance.
- Ensure accurate and timely MI reporting to assist business partners and management in decision making with detailed analysis – covering revenue, costs, balance sheet lines, AUM balances and key ratios.
- Preparation of the rolling forecast in collaboration with Business / product heads in the UAE and the relevant international locations and identify areas of concern as well as opportunities/initiatives for growth.
- Preparation of the detailed customer-wise profitability and margin analysis by segment/product.
- Preparation of any ad-hoc reports/analysis to drive improved business performance and enable better decision-making.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Banking & Finance.
- Accounting qualification (e.g. CPA, ACCA, CA).
- Around 10 years of working experience within the FP&A and / or Business Finance areas in the banking industry.
- Good understanding of international accounting standards (i.e. IFRS and IAS).
- Solid analytical and organizational skills and ability to work under pressure and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong ability to communicate with senior stakeholders clearly and effectively.
- Strong analytical, conflict resolution and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office – especially Excel and PowerPoint, and basic understanding of T24, OBIEE, OneSumX and Power BI.
The main purpose of the role is to handle various finance-related matters for Islamic Banking & NHL Businesses. This job plays a key role in providing support and in-depth business insights and information to support strategic decision-making.
The job holder acts as a finance business partner to the FAB’s Islamic Banking & NHL Business heads and will be responsible for supporting the strategy development, business planning, budgeting, and business performance management aspects, in addition to ensuring strong financial control and reporting standards are applied to meet the overall strategic objectives.
The role interacts with various business personnel and supports the provision of in-depth analysis related to products and market contexts, to support the roll out of the business strategy. Further, the role will support with the systems implementation of relevant finance projects, in partnership with other stakeholders from Group Finance, business teams and technology partners, in addition to managing and mentoring a junior team members.