Director - Loan Agency
- Sub Division: Global Corporate Finance
- Division: Investment Banking Group
First Abu Dhabi Bank is an inclusive environment where each person values the experiences, perspectives, ideas and beliefs of others. We’re in a unique position to learn from all our colleagues, combining international experience with deep cultural knowledge and local expertise. At FAB, you’ll have the support of your team and a strong relationship with your line manager, who will trust you with responsibility and recognize your good performance. As we embrace different ways of seeing the world, listening to each other and respecting different viewpoints, we grow stronger – together.
Act as proactive front office agency relationship member for Loan Agency, handling conventional and Islamic Agency facilities for clients across the globe and in various sectors. Reporting to senior member of the team in all LA matters relating to the assigned tasks. Offering best in class front office Agency services with focus on revenue generation, agency league table position, value addition throughout the life cycle of the transaction (rather than a “post box approach”), client satisfaction and risk awareness. Responsible and accountable for monitoring the allocated clients / agency agreements / tasks. Responsible for taking appropriate action to meet the Bank’s and individual objectives and in particular, compliance with agency best practice standards while taking risk controls, regulatory requirements and client satisfaction of LA service delivery into account. Proactively identifying opportunities to increase revenue and to improve efficiency within the LA function. Lead and actively participate in projects within LA and where appropriate across the department/bank as a whole. Guide junior members of the team and new joiners on agency tasks and best practice and in line with FAB LA service delivery.
- Agency deal origination with effective pitch.
- Thorough understanding of Agency requirements, documentation, security matters, alternative reference rate requirements.
- Understanding of various financing structures, including Islamic financing.
- Swift deal documentation review, negotiation, deal closure (end to end process).
- Value addition deal management including for complex / leverage / acquisition / asset back financings.
- Agency risk management.
- Proactive, timely and value add CP/CS co-ordination leading to smooth funding.
- Tactful management of waiver and amendment process and accurate recording of votes.
- ▪ Proactive management of covenants, trades and other Agency related matters.
- Accurate and timely security management.
- Accurate records management.
- Value addition and leadership in query management and problem solving
- Arrange, chair and lead Bank meetings / conference calls as appropriate efficiently.
- Effective support to create capacity, networking, leadership, team player.
- Leading team / department / Bank-wide projects and presentations.
- Incumbent at this level is expected to have a Degree in a relevant discipline or qualification.
- Job holder must have at least 10 years’ experience Banking and some prior experience in Loan Agency is mandatory.
- Client facing experience.
- Thorough Documentation skills – ability to read, understand, interpret and negotiate documents from an agency perspective. Ability to understand documents from the borrower/lender perspective is an added adventive, to aid effective negotiation.
- Knowledge/awareness of regulatory and legal requirements.
- Strong communication both written and oral.
- Mature interpersonal skills and experience of managing client contacts
- Good time management and organizational skills Classified: Internal\ FAB Internal.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a team or independently.
- Good leadership skills, ability to support Head of Loan Agency, team leader and team members where required.
- The job holder must be flexible and enthusiastic to develop their career in Loan Agency and willing to work under time pressure and hours required to close transactions / to suit client locations.
- The job holder must be able to multitask while handling a large agency portfolio and be flexible, enthusiastic to develop their career in Loan Agency. Job holder must be willing to work under time pressure and long hours required to close transactions / tasks / to suit client location.