Associate Director- Advisory & Equity Capital Markets
- Sub Division: Global Corporate Finance
- Division: Investment Banking Group
FAB, the UAE's largest bank and one of the world's most secure financial institutions, is dedicated to creating value for its employees, customers, shareholders, and communities. Through innovation, agility, and differentiation, FAB is committed to fostering growth.
We are looking for top talent and your success is our success. Accelerate your growth as you help us reach our goals and advance your career. Be ready to make your mark a top company, in an exciting and dynamic industry
The role holder is responsible for actively participating in all aspects of transaction execution in areas of Corporate Finance (M&A buy side, sell side, mergers; IPO and other equity capital markets activities; and selected debt advisory, etc.) in order to achieve P&L targets for Corporate Finance in line with the CIB strategy. The role holder is also responsible for collaborating with other Client Service and Product teams to ensure superior service for the clients.
Client Management and Business Development:
- Assists and supports the Corporate Finance advisory in originating and executing transactions in areas of Corporate Finance;
- Participates in client meetings, as required, in the context of transaction origination and execution;
- Participates in all aspects of transaction origination and execution in areas of Corporate Finance;
- Drafts and prepares marketing presentations, pitch materials, books, information memoranda, investor presentations and term sheets on a timely basis;
- Develops full financial models on corporate finance transactions and conducts valuation analyses using appropriate valuation methodologies including (public market and transaction multiples, DCF, LBO, DDM, merger model, etc.);
- Conducts evaluation of business plans / business models and project reports for business development and/or mandate execution;
- Assists with appropriate reviews (financial, legal, risk, compliance, etc.) , due diligence, and other administrative matters relating to the team’s activities
Policies, Systems, Processes, and Procedures:
- Implements departmental policies, systems, and procedure so that all relevant procedural/ legislative requirements are fulfilled while delivering a quality and cost-effective service;
- Contributes to the identification of opportunities for continuous improvement of systems, processes, and practices while taking into account ‘international leading practice’, improvement of business processes, cost reduction, and productivity improvement.
- Defines performance goals at the start of the year in discussion with the reporting manager and ensures that the goals are achieved during the course of the year.
- Identifies the training and development requirements for self and agrees on them with the reporting manager to ensure that the required trainings are arranged and attended.
- Strives to achieve the highest levels of proficiency on all the competencies and skills required to perform the role.
- Keeps abreast of professional developments, new techniques and current issues through continued education and professional growth.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Turnaround time for client services/ transactions;
- Adherence to policies, processes, and procedures of FAB and the department (including risk, credit, compliance);
- Timely completion of performance appraisals for the team.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or a related discipline.
- 3-5 years of experience in managing and facilitating real estate loans business in a banking environment.
- Working knowledge of, and interest in learning, the dynamic sector of Commercial Real Estate sector, and ultimately FAB’s products and business strategies.
- To be conversant in the different asset classes of real estate primarily, hospitality, office, retail, residential.
- Good understanding and working knowledge of international real estate debt markets and syndicated loan & debt capital market.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to understand financing structures based on the current & expected market conditions.
- Strong financial modelling and PowerPoint skills
- Ability to multi-task with solid credit, structuring and LMA documentation, expertise required.
- Strong negotiating skills and ability to exercise good judgment, which balances, needs of client, investors and FAB.
- Solid understanding of accounting and financial statements.
- Ability to work under pressure and adjust quickly to changing priorities.
- Good inter-personal skills
- Ability to build and develop strategic relationships.