Head of Service- Commercial Banking (SME)
- Sub Division: Group Technology
- Division: GCOO
Now it’s your time to join the #1 bank in the Middle East and one of the most prestigious financial companies in the region. Shaking up the world of banking requires a lot of smarts and skill. We’re looking for the brightest and best to help us reach our goals and we’ll also help you reach yours. Your success is our success as you grow stronger in your career.
Join us and leave a legacy of your own, as a pioneer in both the company and the industry.
As Head of Service you will be responsible in building trust & relationship with business and jointly define and own the Technology roadmap and execution of critical banking services. In this position you will focus on design, development and execution of end to end solutions for commercial banking products including customer onboarding, day to day banking, payments & platforms, asset lending and value-added services. You will understand strategic business needs and plan for growth, explore and analyze the design of digital solutions and technical models suited to the growth of Digital banking in UAE and other international locations.
- Lead, consult and implement digital technology transformation initiatives across all commercial banking functions considering the latest technological trends.
- Owns and manages end to end Technology Service roadmap and execution, be the CTO for SME Commercial Banking services.
- Understand all service offerings and actively identify opportunities to better serve internal and external customers
- Oversight on demand management and release milestones for all initiatives across commercial banking portfolio
- Develop big picture view as well as work at a detailed level across broad range of commercial banking projects and engagement approaches.
- Collaborate with Product owners and develop strategies and solution of high business value.
- Align business and various IT teams across organization to drive common approaches, delivering sustainable, agile and reusable solutions.
- Push forward the capabilities and performance of the team to strengthen and expand service offering of the unit which is aligned with the business needs for today and the future.
- Drive conceptualization and ideation process, develop detailed project plans, track and monitor key project health indicators and ensure effective implementation of new services and changes.
- At least 15 years of technology experience in banking with significant exposure to Commercial Banking (SME). Experience in Corporate Banking technology will be an advantage.
- Proven track record of owning technology decisions and managing large and complex programs/projects in Banking especially in Channels area.
- Working knowledge and prior experience in designing and implementing an end to end solution for SME customers including customer onboarding, credit, lending and digital payments is a must.
- Be highly aware of market trends, new technologies, new Fintech products and business models.
- Be a good team player and self-motivated with strong analytical mindset plus able to manage multiple agile squads.
- Experience in implementing and maintaining enterprise grade distributed systems & serverless architecture.
- Experience in designing, building and maintaining cloud-native applications on AWS, which includes working with services like EC2, ELB, RDS and S3.
- Knowledge and hands on working experience in one or more of the following areas is required: AWS Cloud Services, Azure Cloud Services, AI, Analytics, full stack engineering practices and platforms and Open APIs.
- Deep understanding on non-functional requirements and experience using monitoring solutions such as AppDynamics.
- Must have good knowledge and working experience on DevOps and pipeline automation preferably using GitLab.
- AWS associate level certification or equivalent is a must.
- Strong team building and people management skills are a must.
- Experience in both waterfall and agile methodologies.
- Excellent presentation, analytical and articulation skills.
- Domain knowledge in Commercial Banking (SME) services.
- Degree in Engineering/technology or equivalent with Postgraduate degree in business or equivalent.
- Certifications in Project Management approaches including PRINCE 2, PMI, and Agile are desired.
- Proficiency in MS Project, Visio, Jira and Confluence is a must.
- Sufficient level of technical background to provide highly credible leadership to development teams and to be able to accurately and objectively evaluate complex technical risks and issues.
- Knowledge and hands on working experience is following areas are required: AWS or Azure Cloud Services, ML and Analytics, full stack engineering practices and platforms
- Capability to develop technical solutions to complex business problems from Proof of Concept POC to development, testing, production implementation and support.
- Good to have experience in migrating and implementation of multiple applications from on premises to cloud using AWS/Azure.
- Strong knowledge on cloud native services and its effective usage.