Senior Officer- Credit Control - UAE Nationals ONLY
- One FAB Tower, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- Division: GCOO
- Sub Division: Credit - Administration
Now it’s your time to join the #1 bank in the Middle East and one of the most prestigious financial companies in the region. Shaking up the world of banking requires a lot of smarts and skill. We’re looking for the brightest and best to help us reach our goals and we’ll also help you reach yours. Your success is our success as you grow stronger in your career. Join us and leave a legacy of your own, as a pioneer in both the company and the industry.
The Group Credit is a credit origination that enables business growth of First Abu Dhabi Bank’s Corporate and investment banking (CIB) business, meets the service aspiration of all our customers and remains an independent assurance provider of credit quality through the possession of sound credit risk, product and market knowledge. This role is primarily responsible for providing specialized support to Abu Dhabi / Dubai and NE/PCG clients on the credit processes and administration of sanctioned limits.
The role is responsible for Processing / Encoding of credit limits relating to credit facilities and ensure accurate detailing before inputting the same into the Bank’s system. Further, he/she is responsible to comply with the approved terms and adhere to policies, process and procedures of FAB Head office, representative offices, international branches and regulators.
Key job responsibilities.
Ensuring accurate and timely fulfilment of day to day tasks, business requirements and regular housekeeping activities in accordance to the regulatory and performance standards of the organization
Encode/Process of Credit limits, Facility Offer Letter (FOL) and other related releases from documentation unit, Project Payment Certificate (PPC) discounting / settlements, Share Valuation Report (SVR), availment tickets, suspension of interest, write-off entries, charges and fees, fixed deposit lien release and all other limit control related tasks
- Preparation of Internal Memos (IOM), Customer grade change, Liability / No Liability Certificates
- Process of Corporate obligor details based on the requests received from UAE or International Credit Units in line with the local regulations of the respective jurisdictions
- Adherence to published Standard Operation Procedures (SOP), understanding of relevant products, procedures and Delegation of Authority (DOA) of the Bank.
Ensure encoding/processing of daily or periodic tasks, updation of daily unit activity tracker, proper archival of documents in custody, monthly activities including review of Credit limits in GLCMS, accuracy with regards to application of interest rates in system (ADI/ACI/GDI/GCI)
Ensure completion of all daily task allocated through emails or any other work flow channels in use and to update internal stakeholders accordingly
Efficiently manage key stakeholders & business unit expectations
- Proactive engagement with key stakeholders and ensure operational continuity without any process breach.
- Ensure 100% satisfaction rating by internal customers by providing superior service quality, manage internal customer relationships and ensure that queries and exceptions are addressed efficiently with proactive measures.
- Ensure adherence to published Standard Operation Procedures (SOP), understanding of relevant products, procedures and Delegation of Authority (DOA) of the Bank.
Pro-active engagement and adherence to various departmental policies and process
- Adherence to effective leave plan as per Department/Unit Policy
- Create adequate back-ups for self to ensure operational continuity
- Report Key Risk Indicators (KRI) and Operational near miss/loss incidents in a timely manner
- Recognizing process enhancement opportunities
- Participate in creation and periodic updation of Standard Operation Procedures (SOP) and Process Notes and other related operational guidelines.
- Undertake special projects/assignments as and when delegated by Manager, Team leader, HCCU and HCAD ensuring timely and adequate engagement
- Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures
Follow all relevant departmental policies, processes, standard operating procedures, and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
Demonstrate compliance to organization’s values and ethics at all times to support the establishment of a value drive culture within the bank.
- Continuous Improvement
Contribute to the identification of opportunities for continuous improvement and sustainability of systems, processes and practices considering global standards, productivity improvement and cost reduction.
Assist in the preparation of timely and accurate statements and reports to meet department requirements, policies and quality standards.
- Zero Loss; NIL near miss / income leakage event; target zero high risk error
- Target zero complaints, minimum 95 % adherence to TAT standards as agreed with business. Achieve more than 90% satisfaction score in the internal customer survey.
- Nil unauthorized breaches in Policy/regulatory requirements and SOPs. Satisfactory rating in all audits - INA/RMU/ORC
- Nil breaches in housekeeping (reconciliations, tracers, activity tracker, etc.).
- NIL critical findings in regulatory /external/internal audits.
- No. of PI (process improvement) proposals found beneficial by management. No. of successful PIs implemented
- Work with the line manager in introducing strong tools/processes to identify/ease BAU risks attached to the unit.
- Pursue opportunities for enhancing operative efficiencies along with adequate monitoring.
- Ensure excellent housekeeping standards at all times
- Bachelor’s degree or related discipline.
- Relevant experience in the banking sector with at least 3 years in similar positions of progressively increasing managerial responsibilities in the credit facility function.