- Birmingham, AL, USA
Founded in 2016, Creature is a fully integrated design, manufacture, construct firm based in Birmingham, AL. Formed out of a burden to be more efficient and effective than the traditional approach to architecture and construction, Creature is on the front-lines as an innovative and disruptive firm in the industry. By self-performing almost all of their work, Creature is able to remove the red tape of working with dozens of subcontractors and focus on what matters most: designing and building incredible buildings for their clients. Creature has been able to create their design and build process to be more economical, more efficient, and more engaged for the people running projects. If you’re tired of the typical process of construction and want to be working in a cutting-edge and innovative environment, come join the team at Creature!
Creature is seeking a Traveling Superintendent to lead construction projects through a partnership with BLOX. BLOX is responsible for delivering manufactured building modules to designated sites and Creature will perform the site work before stitching the module together to create medical clinics. Creature will take ownership for the delivery of the project from site work through Certificate of Occupancy. A superintendent with Creature is hands-on and takes full ownership over all trades on a job-site, including mechanical, plumbing, electrical, HVAC, carpentry, and more.
POSITION KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Take full ownership of entire construction operations on job site from start to finish
- Daily communication with Creature project managers for each project
- Coordinate daily work through weekly meetings and daily team huddles
- Provide oversight of 8-15 Creature trade laborers and any subcontractors
- Plan project schedule alongside Project Manager from start to completion of project
- Ensure that projects are completed on time and within budget
- Background in construction management is highly preferred
- 5-10+ years of proven and relevant experience
Fully embrace Creature's Core Values:
- Ownership versus Coordination - The more you divide up the tasks, the more coordination is required. The costs increase exponentially, simply because coordinating things is always more expensive than owning things themselves. Taking an accomplishment and making sure it was completed by doing whatever was necessary, regardless of the circumstances.
- Accomplishment over Activity - Sheer activity requires just as much effort with a fraction of the return on accomplishments. Completing work effort, getting a result, getting things done. Your role (job) has nothing to do with activities.
- Compelling Conscientiousness - Quality at any locus in an organization is a function of conscientiousness not, ultimately, of some program or technique. People who are conscientious preclude the errors that lead to poor quality, whether in a product or service. Paying attention to details, seeing something going on, and regardless if it is your job, addressing it, and making it right.
- Mastery of Communication - Competence begins and ends with mastery of the communication process, ﬁrst for oneself, and then for the complex interdependencies you ﬁnd yourself in. The ability to drive clarity, closure, and buy-in with a person or group.
- Accountability is reliability - The unwillingness of team members to tolerate the interpersonal discomfort that accompanies calling a peer on his or her behavior and the more general tendency to avoid difﬁcult conversations. Members of great teams overcome these natural inclinations, opting instead to 'enter the danger' with one another. The enemy of accountability is ambiguity. Holding each other and/or our partners to results, calling out when there is a lack of results, and doing whatever it takes to get the result.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.