- Birmingham, AL, USA
Based in Birmingham, Alabama, Faith Presbyterian Church is a part of the Presbyterian Church in America (PCA) and exists to proclaim the transforming message of Jesus and provide a welcoming home where people can find rest and healing in Christ. Through worship, community, and missional outreach, the core of Faith Presbyterian Church is to gather and see growth within the saints of God through the preaching of the Gospel. In serving approximately 1000 people per month, the church has experienced about 70% growth in the past 4 years and expects to continue that trend over the next few years. The leadership team is committed to creating a healthy church culture for both members and staff—seeking to foster a space for emotional and spiritual well-being. Come join a team who feels empowered to embrace the Gospel, do their work with excellence, and move toward people with a spirit of compassion, care, honesty, and vulnerability.
Faith Presbyterian Church is seeking a Communications Director to lead effective communication strategies and implementation of best practices to serve the church and community. This person will work directly with the executive leadership team to implement an overall communications strategy for Faith Presbyterian Church. The Communications Director must have a natural-aptitude for vision casting— unifying the church with a common voice and providing a consistent brand through all channels of communication. This leader will coordinate with ministry departments to develop a communication plan for each department and work to balance overall church strategy with execution. This is an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated leader who can see the vision for the church, design an overall plan, and effectively implement the strategy for communications alongside the staff and leadership team.
POSITION KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Effective communication strategies and implementation both inside and outside the church community
- Partner with leadership team to revamp overall look and voice of the church—will include a new logo, signage, website, and collateral materials
- Develop short- and long-term plans and budgets for marketing and communications; monitor progress and evaluate performance
- Partner with ministry department leaders to develop content and platform for both Church-wide and specific audience strategies
- Create communication strategies to market, inform, and promote events and studies for various ministries
- Monitor the overall look and feel of all promotional materials—-oversee the use of church logos and individual ministry logos and images
- Oversee design, production, and coordination of all visual communication including weekly Pilgrimage Newsletter, weekly bulletin, slides for worship, and all printed material promotions
- Manage creative and technical aspects of the website including site design, organization, content, and overall maintenance
- Oversee all digital platforms including website, social media, email campaigns, etc.
- Collaborate with all vendors to create timely and cohesive announcements, content, and marketing collateral in order to promote events and overall communication
- 5-7+ years of experience in communications and creative direction
- 1-3 years in ministry or non-profit activities preferred
- Willing to be an active member of Faith Presbyterian Church
- Highly organized, highly productive, and manages time well
- Self-motivator with the ability to work effectively on a team
- Ability to think and work quickly, moving from one project to another (with different goals, audiences, and deliverables)
- Excellent written communication skills and copywriting
- Must exemplify a love for (and skill with) all types of people
- Proficient in industry-standard Adobe design and layout platforms
- Proficient in Microsoft products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of website development using Wordpress
- Proficient in print production process and file preparation (large and small formats)
- Knowledge of video process and editing (working knowledge of Premiere Pro or Final Cut, or other editing software)
Competitive compensation, Health/ Dental Insurance, 401K, PTO, Cell Phone allowance, etc.