Director of Catalog
- Huntsville, AL, USA
Franklin Creative Solutions is a rapidly growing e-commerce start-up established in 2016 in Huntsville, Alabama by Owen Franklin. He started selling just a single item on the internet and found it was immediately profitable. After adding several other SKUs over just 6 months, the company was generating $100,000 per month in revenue. Through the FCS team's innovation, hard work, and failure-forward attitude, the company has grown its catalog to over 300 items; has grown its team to almost 20 employees; and has generated over 30 million dollars in revenue. Owen has been motivated by this success and has mapped out a plan to become a billion-dollar company by 2031. Franklin Creative Solutions operates and sells office supplies through its brand, Blue Summit Supplies. Their mission is to improve the entire business of office supplies through their unique, positive culture, and to build and nurture strong relationships with their suppliers, clients, and customers.
They have a unique culture full of positive people who work hard, love their job, and love investing in the lives of others. They aren’t afraid to fail, since they understand that through failure, we learn, and that failure is a necessary part of growth. They are transparent and experimental in optimizing the best way to grow the business. They embody the following core values through quarterly awards, monthly book clubs, and monthly lunch and learns..
- Learn, Innovate, and Think Differently
- Embrace Scale and Think Big
- Believe in What You Do
- Create Resourcefulness Through Frugality
- Embrace the Power of Profit
FireSeeds is the recruiting firm partnered with Franklin Creative Solutions. You are applying to the Director of Catalog position with Franklin Creative Solutions.
Do you want to work hard amongst a superior culture? Are you detailed-oriented, love figuring things out, and good at managing projects and people? Franklin Creative Solutions is seeking a Director of Catalog who is a high-level thinker, resourceful, persistent and has strong initiative. This is an incredible opportunity for the right multiplying leader who has a passion to have their hand in making the best business optimized office supply catalog on earth. The first year will be a challenge as this leader will need to work autonomously to create a catalog of industry-unique SKUs, build a strong team, and add the best value per dollar for each of their products. The Director of Catalog must be persistent in gathering information from multiple wholesalers, manufacturers, and factories to determining the best quality of products while optimizing value with functionality. This leader will need to communicate well by developing strong relationships with manufacturers and factories in the United States and abroad. As the Director of Catalog, there is endless opportunity for growth, as this will be a continuous process looking for new SKUs, new manufacturers/wholesalers to improve the quality of the products, while optimizing value per dollar for their customers.
The goal of the Director of Catalog will include building out a catalog department by sourcing new products, hiring a team, interacting with factories and manufacturers in the United States and overseas, developing a foreign team, developing a template to gather and input data and select a SKU mix that is optimized for value per dollar. This position will have significant interaction with the CEO and IT Team to build a B2B Catalog.
POSITION KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Build a B2B business supplies catalog to meet customer requirements
- Buy samples from wholesalers/manufacturers/competitors
- Determine SKUs that minimize cost and maximize value to select an optimized SKU mix
- Build a database of SKUs to be used internally for the SKU mapping software to improve search engine and sales tools
- Input data in excel spreadsheets
- Build and cultivate relationships with wholesalers, factories, and manufacturers - develop a global network
- Build and manage the catalog team
- Build a foreign catalog listing team
- Determine best quality products with preferred gross profit margin
- Work with IT Team to build and manage internal product database
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration preferred
- 5 years of catalog management or product management experience with major retail brand
- 1-5 years of management experience
- Experience building and developing a team
- Experience testing products and selecting SKUs preferred
- Experience working with foreign factories preferred
- Contracting experience preferred
- Experience/interest in e-commerce preferred
- Office supply/business supply industry a plus
- Ability to work autonomously under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Engaging and strategic communicator
- Strong negotiator
- Tech Savvy
- Looking for someone who meets the following criteria: creative, detail-oriented, positive, people-focused, self-starter, organized, multi-tasker, resilient, resourceful and persistent
DAY IN THE LIFE/SCHEDULE
Monday - Friday | 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM | 40 hours per week on average