Restaurant Manager of Catering and Events
- San Jose, CA, USA
Located in San Jose, CA, Chick-fil-A Monterey and Tully Road is operated by Shannon Balderas, who has led the organization from a volume of 3.9 to nearly 11 million. Since opening in 2014, Shannon has consecutively increased store sales and currently ranks within the top 50 restaurants out of the entire Chick-fil-A chain. Prior to joining Chick-fil-A, Shannon served in the Peace Corps and as a Police Officer, but always felt drawn to Chick-fil-A’s culture and mission. Through cultivating a positive work environment, embodying servant leadership, and creating a remarkable experience for both team members and customers, Shannon is passionate about investing in and developing her 105+ team members. Join a team who embodies the core values of Integrity, Strong Work Ethic, Growth Mindset, Servant Leadership, and Hospitality.
*FireSeeds is the recruiting firm partnered with Chick-fil-A. You are applying to the Director of Catering & Marketing with Chick-fil-A in San Jose, CA.
The Restaurant Manager of Catering and Events will develop meaningful relationships with Chick-fil-A customers and business owners in the San Jose community in order to drive sales and exceed guest expectations. The ultimate goal for this role is to lead operations inside of the restaurant as well as enhance the restaurant’s community presence through events, catering, and social media. After spending an initial 30-45 days learning the basics of the business, this individual will be promoted into the Director role. In gaining additional knowledge and mastering the ins and outs of the Chick-fil-A operation and training procedures, this individual should be fully prepared to take ownership over all processes related to event management, team development, and catering within the first 3-6 months! After 2-4 years of learning and adding value to the business, this leader could be prepared to pursue owning their own Chick-fil-A franchise.
POSITION KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leverage marketing tactics and strategically expand catering opportunities to drive sales
- Develop avenues for community engagement through well-executed events
- Create and lead events both in the restaurant and within the San Jose community
- Recruit and develop team members to take ownership over events and catering
- Create and leverage social media platforms to drive awareness and positive engagement
- Lead teams of up to 35 team members on a shift
- Conduct team member evaluations in conjunction with Operations Director
- Ensure a top-tiered training and development program
- Maintain vision alignment with the Operator and leadership team
- Bachelors Degree Highly Preferred
- 1-3+ years of leadership and management experience
- Passion for training, coaching and development
- Humble; willing to do tasks that others might consider beneath them
- Provides excellent customer service; evident that you love what you do
- Enjoys leading a team in a fast paced environment
- Self-directed, dependable leader with strong time-management skills
- Ability to obtain the knowledge and skills of every position in the operation
- Embodies servant-leadership and growth-mindset
- Hard-working, detail-oriented individual who will take ownership
- Perceptive and able to determine needed ongoing changes to the business
- Effectively coach and give feedback with enthusiasm and energy
- Positively impact the people and culture with high integrity and purpose
PTO, Health Insurance, Free Chick-fil-A!