Business Development Manager
- Aurora, IL, USA
The Onin Group is a Birmingham based company that has grown from $8 million between 2001-2007 to over $300 million in 2018. They own a group of privately held companies which primarily focuses on staffing, and is in the top two percent of domestic staffing companies. The company exists to create opportunity and empower people through their core values of Service, Integrity, Innovation, and Performance. Their great culture and strong core values seeks to improve the lives of the people with whom they come in contact whether it is a client, employee, or teammate.
Onin Staffing is their flagship company that started in Dallas in 1993, and has 100 full-service branches in 17 states. They focus on light clerical and industrial staffing and is responsible for a large part of the growth of Onin Group. Onin staffing is one of the largest industrial staffing firms in the country. Their clients know they can count on 20 to 200 Onin teammates in a 2 to 8 hour notice. Those they staff are more than people, they are teammates known as Oninites who can be placed in short-term or long-term employment who get their foot in the door with a great company. Onin Staffing is a big proponent of community involvement and encourages their staff to get involved in the local Chamber of Commerce and be on the board of other local entities. Their employees have autonomy, but must be solution driven and innovative - they must be ready to work hard to get the job done.
Onin Staffing seeks to develop lifelong relationships with its clients and team members. They provide their team members with medical, dental, vision, educational scholarships/resources, etc. They also partner with their clients by learning all aspects of the company and look at it as an entity to help strengthen their business.
**FireSeeds is the recruiting firm partnered with Onin Staffing. You are applying to Onin Staffing Business Development Manager position!
Onin Staffing is seeking a Business Development Manager in the Aurora/Chicago, IL area who is self-driven and not afraid to work hard. This individual will make calls on local businesses that primarily make, move or process something (manufacturing, industrial plants, etc.). This leader must be prepared to knock on 60-70 doors per week and be okay with being told no. The Business Development Manager must think strategically and be methodical about building a target account list each week. Through hard work and dedication Business Development Managers should generate 125K revenue in the first 6 months and 1 million in 12 months, which will provide an excellent opportunity to grow quickly within Onin Staffing.
- Cold call potential customers through phone, email and in person (90% in person)
- Enter client information into CRM software
- Manage existing business through regular visits, phone calls, and email communication
- Hit target numbers set by the branch and area managers
- Develop proposals, presentations, and contracts for potential and new clients
- Communicate regularly with the operations team to inform them of upcoming and potential needs of clients
- College degree preferred but not required
- 1-2 years of sales experience preferred, but recent graduates will be strongly considered
- Driven - not afraid to hit the pavement and gain new clients
- Clear communicator, self-starter, strong relationship builder
- Professional in appearance, communication, and actions
- Passion for people and providing world class service
- Ability to work with autonomy - must possess self-discipline and self-leadership
- Methodical, process oriented, solution driven
- Systems thinker, problem solver and results oriented
- Strong time management skills
- Lifelong learner and teachable
- Must be able to deal with rejection
- Strong desire to drive immediate results and grow quickly within an organization
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.