Restaurant General Manager
- Lansing, MI, USA
Chick-fil-A Lansing opened its doors as the first free-standing Chick-fil-A restaurant in the state of Michigan in October of 2016! Under the leadership of Kate McNerney, US Air Force Veteran and Michigan native, it ranked in the Top 10 for Grand Openings at the time, which created exciting momentum for the restaurant! Most recently Chick-fil-A Lansing was awarded the Delta Township “2018 Business of the Year” Award because of their positive impact in the community. Chick-fil-A Lansing exists to provide exceptional customer service and to be a place of refuge and respite for the community. Their team strives to live out their values: Loyalty, Honesty, Hard Work, Respect, a Commitment to Excellence, and a Family-friendly/Team Environment. Their team is dynamic, working hard to serve guests and to work well together. The work atmosphere has been described as energetic and fun, full of great people, to the point that it feels more like a family than a team in a quick service restaurant.
Kate the Owner/Operator is looking for a General Manager to join her team and help her lead the business into its next season of growth. This person will come alongside Kate to learn the business and lead the team. This General Manager will oversee the day-to-day operations of the restaurant, help drive key metrics, and provide a mentoring management style for the team. This professional will help uphold the operational excellence that Chick-fil-A is known for while also creating a sense of unity and teamwork in the restaurant. A successful General Manager will be self-motivated to see the business thrive, enforce the standards and procedures that help make Chick-fil-A the industry disruptor that it is, while developing and training the team in a relational way.
- Lead and oversee the coordination of all aspects of restaurant operations (FOH, BOH, Drive Thru, Catering)
- Partner with key leaders to ensure key metrics are being hit including customer satisfaction, food cost, labor cost and waste management
- Conduct and oversee team member feedback sessions, disciplinary actions and accountability conversations
- Co-create the long term vision for profitability with Operator and Leadership Team
- Problem solve to correct critical issues finding both short and long-term solutions
- Drive financial performance and suggest operational tweaks to attain financial targets
- Protect the values and culture of Chick-fil-A Lansing
- Oversee organization and maintenance for the restaurant as a whole
- Partner with Director of HR and Training to recruit and select world-class team members, conduct final interview before each hire
- Meet weekly with the Operator for further development
- Bachelors Degree preferred
- 5+ years Leadership/Management experience
- Strategic thinker, observant, goal oriented, results & process driven
- Passion for developing people, effectively coach and give direction with enthusiasm
- Set the standard for excellence and hold that line for the team
- Demonstrated ability to hold team members accountable
- Ability to engage with maturity around difficult situations
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Monday - Saturday Availability | 45-50 hours per week
- Sundays off and potentially one other day off during the week, either Monday or Tuesday. Anticipated schedule of 11:00 AM - 8:00 PM each day.
- Paid Time Off (PTO): Two weeks/10 business days/80 hours for calendar year. Will be prorated based on start date.
- Health Benefits: Health Insurance available with $300 stipend toward in-house coverage.
- Retirement: 401K available after 1 year or 1000 hours worked.
- Holidays: Closed Thanksgiving, Christmas & Sundays. Limited hours on Memorial Day and Labor Day