Front of House Director
- Houston, TX, USA
**FireSeeds is the recruiting firm partnered with Chick-fil-A 45 and Wayside. You are applying to Chick-fil-A 45 and Wayside Front of House Director position!
Chick-fil-A 45 and Wayside opened its doors in 2012 and has enjoyed serving the community southeast of downtown Houston for the last 6 years. Located off of a busy interstate, Chick-fil-A 45 and Wayside is always bustling with activity! The team is lead by an Owner/Operator who began working at Chick-fil-A in 2004 after she had been a successful business woman for over 15 years. After working in a store for several years she became the Owner/Operator of a mall unit in San Antonio for the next 4 years. She grew the mall unit from $1.2 million to $2 million and then became the Owner/Operator of 45 and Wayside in 2012. The store was only predicted to do about $3 million each year, however, she has blown the tops off the company generating $7.4 million in 2017 and projected to do $8.2 million this year. The Owner/Operator has a passion for growing and developing her 70+ person team as they work hard to serve their community. Her hope is to leave a positive impact on her community by investing in her team and guests so they leave better than when they came into the store.
Do you want to leave a footprint in the lives and community of Southeast Houston?
Chick-fil-A 45 and Wayside is is looking for a Front of House Director to help take the team to the next level. This is an excellent opportunity for a leader who is seeking to exceed guest expectations, grow and develop other team members and take ownership in a fast-paced, high-volume, thriving business. This leader will be depended upon to lead the front of house in best practices and facilitate smooth daily operations. This individual will enjoy the opportunity to have a lasting impact on team members, guests and the community as well as be a part of the team who helps guide the strategic direction of the business. We are looking for a driven and motivated leader who would be put on a track for intentional development with high-level responsibilities and career growth. Join this dynamic team and help lead a thriving $8 million business with one of the fastest growing brands in the nation, Chick-fil-A!
- Assist in the hiring process of team members
- Oversee and coordinate all aspects of the front of house restaurant operations, making sure all processes are running smoothly on a daily basis (packaging, food presentation, quality, and FOH cleanliness exceeds Chick-fil-A standards)
- Care for team members by ensuring communication is clear and relationships within the team are healthy and strong
- Hold team members accountable to policy standards - timeliness, grooming, cell phones, uniforms, etc.
- Regularly provide feedback on new hires and to the team - formal and informal
- Hold weekly one on one meetings with your team
- Schedule bi-weekly shift lead meetings
- Lead team by problem solving, casting vision, working toward common goals, and celebrating the wins
- Ensure disciplinary action is given fairly and consistently
- FOH inventory is organized properly
- Own the FOH food and labor costs
- Train and develop team into leadership roles
- 2-3 years of proven leadership experience (could be in athletics, clubs, ministry, etc.)
- Bachelors or Associates degree preferred, but not required
- 1-5 years of retail or restaurant work experience preferred
- Self-starter willing to own the day to day operations of the FOH
- Desire to develop and care for team members. Strong relationship builder with ability to motivate
- Willingness to be trained and developed and then train and develop others
- Systems thinker and problem solver, results oriented and able to work in a very fast-paced environment
- Professional in appearance, communication, and actions
- Passion for people and providing world class service
- Servant-hearted, respectful, team mentality
Monday - Saturday Availability | 5 days a week | 40-45 hours per week | Sundays + one other weekday off
- Anticipated schedule: opening, closing, and mid shifts each week.
- Typically 5, 8-10 hour days.
This individual will spend 75-85% of their time on the floor leading the operation and 10-15% of their time doing administrative tasks specific to FOH needs.