Financial Administrative Assistant
- Birmingham, AL, USA
**FireSeeds is the recruiting firm partnered with Gooch Family Dental. You are applying to Gooch Family Dental's Financial Administrative Assistant position!
Gooch Family Dental is a dental practice in Birmingham, AL that opened its doors in 2006. They offer general, cosmetic and restorative dental care. When you visit Gooch Family Dental, you will see the team truly values the patient’s experience. Each new patient is taken on a tour of the facility and can choose from a number of accommodations that tailor the dental experience around their individual needs. From noise canceling headphones to mint flavored lip balm, these details create a personalized experience that exceeds patient expectations. Dr. Gooch creates a warm and rewarding team environment for his staff and strives to create an experience for his patients that makes them feel like family each time they visit. With 17 employees, this is an opportunity to join a growing work family as they continue to serve their patients with thoughtful, comprehensive care.
The staff at Gooch Family Dental is made up of hard working, motivated, positive individuals. You will find that Dr. Gooch invests in his employees by providing training in many areas, even areas that are outside the scope of their job responsibilities. He believes that developing his team encourages them to grow both personally and professionally. Dr. Gooch also incentivizes his team to invest in the health and growth of the practice. The staff at Gooch Family Dental values teamwork, stewardship, giving back, the greater good, and fun! These values are posted and visible to remind team members of the beliefs that guide the excellence they strive toward daily in their work.
The Financial Coordinator will join a team of established Financial Coordinators who are responsible for many aspects of a patient’s experience at Gooch Family Dental. These team members work in the center of the office and serve as a main point of contact for patients who visit the office. This individual will be equipped to answer patient questions and welcome patients into the practice. Financial Coordinators communicate with insurance companies to verify patient insurance and work to understand what benefits will apply to the patient’s care. These individuals collaborate closely with patients regarding their dental care by presenting treatment plans that include details about the recommended course of treatment, cost associated with the treatment, and health benefits of the dental procedure. Financial Coordinators are responsible for understanding pay structure based on insurance benefits, assigning cost, and collecting payment for services during the patient’s visit.
Position Key Responsibilities
- Create and present treatment plans to patients, answer questions regarding cost and health benefits of procedures
- Communicate payment options to patients
- Verify Dental Insurance for upcoming appointments
- Input insurance information and patient data in computer system
- Interpret insurance data to assign patient co-pay
- Pursue and collect on delinquent accounts
- Process payments for patients
- Balance and produce collections report at the end of each business day
- Provide professional and personable care for all patients
- Financially gifted individual that loves numbers and can work competently with insurance companies
- People person who loves engaging with patients in a professional and relational way
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with a willingness to multi-task
- Gifted problem solver
- Comfortable discussing finances with patients
Benefits include: Financial incentives, Full dental benefits, 401k