- Birmingham, AL, USA
**FireSeeds is the recruiting firm partnered with Neverthirst. You are applying to the Executive Director opportunity at Neverthirst!
Neverthirst was founded by three co-founders in 2008 with the ultimate purpose to advance the gospel through providing clean water worldwide. After hearing a sermon on Psalm 67:1-2, the co-founders knew that God was calling them to action. Through traveling overseas on multiple mission trips in the following year, they witnessed poverty unlike they had ever witnessed before. Through prayer and an additional trip to South Sudan, in the middle of an extremely hot and dry season, they were exposed to a small shrinking pool of water. After realizing this is where the people went to get water, the need was clear. In December of 2008, the first well was installed at the village they visited and Neverthirst was born.
Neverthirst operates by choosing trusted indigenous partners in countries like India, Cambodia, and Chad who are committed to empowering communities through access to water that will continue to flow. Of equal importance, these partners also possess strong relationships with communities, local government and local churches. By building relationships with local churches, Neverthirst is able to know that villages are not only receiving clean water but also know that relationships are being built to lead people to the gospel. Since completing their first Water Project with their local partner in Witto South Sudan in 2008, they have now completed over 12,083 projects and served over 570,749 people.
This key role will ultimately provide leadership as the Executive Director of Neverthirst. This individual will lead in casting vision, establishing a strong culture, and sharing the Neverthirst story to individuals, foundations, businesses and churches. On a daily basis, the Executive Director would be responsible for managing staff, fundraising & campaign creation, and making overall decisions affecting the ministry. This must be someone who can confidently lead the organization into their next season of growth.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Casting vision for short term and long term plans
- Lead fundraising efforts alongside Director of Development. Be the face with all donors including individuals, foundations, businesses and churches
- Develop new partners locally. Neverthirst currently partners with Royal Cup, Steel City Pops, and Iron Tribe Fitness to raise awareness and money for current and future projects
- Motivate and empower staff to accomplish goals and objectives. Develop new procedures to establish strong professional growth for the team
- Communicate with overseas partners in Cambodia, India, Nepal, Chad, Uganda, and Myanmar
- Develop clear organizational chart, job descriptions, board roles and responsibilities
- Travel to events and speak at churches as needed; travel overseas at least two times per year
- 10-15+ years of experience as a Senior Leader with a background working for a nonprofit organization
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Demonstrate growth and continual learning throughout career
- Cast vision for organization short term and long term plans
- Ability to motivate and empower staff
- Passionate individual that others respect and buy-in to their vision
- Relationship builder; Making friends of the ministry long-term, not just transactional donors
- Demonstrated ability to successfully fundraise
- Must be committed to a local church
- Must align with vision and mission of Neverthirst with a heart for the poor and unreached
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.