Fire Hose Games is the Boston based (but fully remote) independent game development studio behind titles such as Techtonica, Go Home Dinosaurs, Catlateral Damage, and 20XX. We pay good salaries and our generous benefits package includes health care, dental, take-what-you-need vacation/sick time, 401(k) with matching, parental leave, and flexible work hours. Fire Hose hasn’t crunched in years and we don’t intend to start. Our company culture is inclusive, supportive, and fun. We strongly encourage applicants with diverse backgrounds and voices to apply, and consider relevant experience in all its forms. We hope to hear from you!
For more info, visit https://www.firehosegames.com and https://www.techtonicagame.com
Fire Hose Games is looking for a UX Engineer with experience implementing their designs in Unity. The UX Engineer will be working across disciplines with the art team and alongside engineering to design and implement high quality UX for our latest release, Techtonica!
Our studio is fully remote, so candidates who are able to sync with a project team based in the U.S. Eastern time zone may work from anywhere. This is a full-time, salaried position.
If you’re excited about helping us continue to grow our most ambitious game yet, then we’re eager to hear from you!
- Collaborate across disciplines to define and implement clear UI
- Evaluate user feedback and propose UI/UX solutions
- Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user-friendliness to complex design constraints
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, and other documentation to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Advocate for and promote best practices in designing UX for games
- Implement designs in Unity engine
- A proven track record within UI/UX design (bonus points for experience in games, specifically)
- Experience designing complex information systems
- Experience designing effective tutorials for using complex systems.
- Experience with C# and C++ development for games
- Strong Unity experience is preferred
- Good communication skills and a passion for working as a part of a collaborative team across all disciplines
- Excellent initiative, self-motivation, organizational and problem solving skills, with the ability to both drive and follow direction
- Shipped or handled live development for at least one commercial game on PC/console
- A genuine interest in playing games
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.