Unity Performance Engineer
Fire Hose Games is the Boston based (but fully remote) independent game development studio behind titles such as Techtonica, Go Home Dinosaurs, Catlateral Damage, and 20XX. We pay good salaries and our generous benefits package includes health care, dental, take-what-you-need vacation/sick time, 401(k) with matching, parental leave, and flexible work hours. Fire Hose hasn’t crunched in years and we don’t intend to start. Our company culture is inclusive, supportive, and fun. We strongly encourage applicants with diverse backgrounds and voices to apply, and consider relevant experience in all its forms. We hope to hear from you!
For more info, visit https://www.firehosegames.com and https://www.techtonicagame.com
Fire Hose Games is hiring a Performance Engineer with professional Unity game development experience to join our team working on our support development on our recent release, Techtonica (Steam Early Access and Xbox Game Pass). We are looking for an experienced developer who specializes in converting large systems to run more performantly at scale as part of live development.
We are a fully-remote studio, and successful candidates who are able to sync with our core hours in the U.S. Eastern time zone may work from anywhere.
DEI is important to us, and candidates from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you’re excited about helping us continue to grow our most ambitious game yet, then we’re eager to hear from you!
- Help optimize and restructure systems, improving performance without breaking existing content pipelines
- Collaborate with designers on adjusting and constraining feature specs to work on a massive scale
- Act as a mentor and support other engineers with the push towards a more optimized codebase
- Build up pipelines to safeguard and quicken development for adding new features
- Maintain systems to bend to an evolving game design for an Early Access game
- Demonstrate flexibility with shifting priorities of responding to the needs of a live game
- At least 5 years of C# experience with commercial game development in Unity3D
- Experience profiling and optimizing games for Unity3D
- Experience with optimizing low-level C# code to minimize cache misses and minimize garbage collection
- Experience working with ECS-type systems
- Able to navigate all the ins and outs of implementing multithreading and/or Jobs in a Unity environment
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- Experience with graphics performance
- Experience with running multithreading/Jobs system in Unity
- Experience working as a part of a collaborative team with multiple engineers across disciplines
- Familiarity with Atlassian suite of tools including Jira and Confluence
- Live development experience
- Experience with both PC and console (PS and Xbox) development
- Experience working in live development
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.